Sierra 3500 HD spied ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... you can see the new (non-hd) sleeker mirrors that will most likely end up on the new SUVs, as well as the first glance at the pickup vesion of their HID headlamps, styling cues from the latter will also apply to the SUVs.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/09/spied-2014-gmc-sierra-1500-3500.html

Info keeps trickling in ... word is that the SUVs' full reveal will be at the Detroit auto show at the earliest and the Chicago auto show at the latest.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headlights look good! Do want dually!

ChvyGirl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that would be neat to see in person! Any idea if they are introducing a new engine/trans in either truck?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headlights look good!

Yup yup ... I also like the new more rectangular mirrors.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Any idea if they are introducing a new engine/trans in either truck?

They will be introducing new engines, but no one is really sure what they are going to be, other than the fact that the hybrids will be discontinued. Most assume a V6 version of Ford's Ecotec engine might be an option, along with a 5.x V8.

ETA: I'm talking about the SUVs, the pickups will retain a diesel version for sure.

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a ford, see the oval logo in the grill?

...wait for it.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still think they would absolutely dominate if they came out with the 4.5 baby max in the 1500s... such a shame.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks SICK from what I can tell lol. I actually like the current side mirrors more than those. But we'll see how they line up with the body.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I've heard the 2014 will get a direct injected version of the 5.3, which will increase displacement to 5.5. Iirc, giving an engine DI increases fuel economy around 24% and brake horsepower 36%. I could have that backwards though. A new 8 speed trans won't appear until MY2016. Estimated fuel economy, from what I'm told will be 18 city/24 highway with the current 6 speed trans. When the 8 speed arrives I wouldn't be surprised to see 19-20 city & 25-27 highway.

Also, from what I'm seeing in those spy pics, it appears GM is trying to maintain its current design on GMC trucks that has already appeared on Terrain and the 2013 Acadia. Below is a pic of the current Terrain. Notice how it has squarish headlights with halogen projectors, along with a squared grille. Look at the spy pics and you'll see something very similar. If this design carries over to the stupidest of the truck we might see a flat side with bulging arches over the wheels. As for the back, there will be more chrome on the rear than is currently offered on the NNBS.

http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/gmc/terrain-denali/2013/ns/2013_gmc_terrain-denali_f34_ns_31512_717.jpg 717.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924