Sierra 3500 HD spied ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell at this point ... but both the new Rams and F-150s have a HID option, so I'm guessing GM will do likewise.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Again hard to tell for sure exactly what that is ... that truck is moving during the day so it could easily be a drl as the tails aren't lit at the same time. Plus, assuming that those headlamps have a covered lower section, that's where HIDs would presumably be because, as in the current Escalade, you'd design them to be as low to the ground as possible. Plus we don't know if those headlamps are the base and there is an HID option or if these are the only ones that will be available.

Too many variables to make a definitive call imo.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Crap Serge.. Why you have to kick me in the face and rub it in the dirt. I thought I found something.. hahah.. You are prob right. But we will see..

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Went to the Texas state fair and all the new high end rams and fords have projectors if the new gm vehicles don't they will be very far behind the crowd.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
And a brand new spy shot of the 14 Silverado with a lot less camo:

NG-Silverado-.png

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Btw, interestingly enough this isn't really a spy shot per se ... GM actually released this pic themselves. http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/10/gm-drops-new-photo-of-2014-chevrolet.html

Did I call the squared arches of the fenders, or what? Fenders look very similar to the Terrain styling. The hood on that truck looks very similar to the current style already used on the NNBS. Doors and mirrors look to be NNBS too. Probably why they kept the protective cover on the front end. New grill and headlights probably aren't matching up with older panels. Maybe the sheet metal for doors and hood are incomplete. Truck box and tail lights look new though. Kinda got that Ford edginess to it with the Toyota protrusion in the tail light styling.

Over all impression, looks like a mild redesign with a new engine coming. I wonder if there will be a completely new truck for 2016, or if this is it.

Last edited:

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Did I call the squared arches of the fenders, or what? Fenders look very similar to the Terrain styling. The hood on that truck looks very similar to the current style already used on the NNBS. Doors and mirrors look to be NNBS too. Probably why they kept the protective cover on the front end. New grill and headlights probably aren't matching up with older panels. Maybe the sheet metal for doors and hood are incomplete. Truck box and tail lights look new though. Kinda got that Ford edginess to it with the Toyota protrusion in the tail light styling.

Over all impression, looks like a mild redesign with a new engine coming. I wonder if there will be a completely new truck for 2016, or if this is it.

Doors are so different mirrors too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon