sideview mirror codes? DL3 to DL8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace my sideview mirrors. (brown glass on driver side, pass side vibrates)
I'm changing from DL3 to DL8, because I don't like the blinkers or power fold option.

Searching ebay, I see various codes printed on the labels ...

CVX / CX / F / N-MM / N-MEM / EL / HTD / FLT etc.

CVX / CX convex lense?
MF manual fold?
HTD heated?

Some codes may have the same meaning and codes changed over the years?
Any info appreciated!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace my sideview mirrors. (brown glass on driver side, pass side vibrates)
I'm changing from DL3 to DL8, because I don't like the blinkers or power fold option.

CVX / CX convex lense?
MF manual fold?
HTD heated?

Any info appreciated!
i don't think it really matters, the DL8 are all basically the same (electric/heated), the DL3 have power fold and blinker, puddle light, dimming (drivers side), heated. the higher trims would also have blind spot indicator
I could be wrong....

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That dimming feature is probably why my glass is brown on the bottom quarter. I have a crack on the edge of mirror.

I'm thinking F / FLT may mean flat glass vs convex.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That dimming feature is probably why my glass is brown on the bottom quarter. I have a crack on the edge of mirror.

I'm thinking F / FLT may mean flat glass vs convex.
ya the dimming fluid will turn the glass brown if it ruptures, I burnt one up one time by applying 12 volts to the dimming circuit, that sucked because the oem glass is not cheap but I was trying to modify the mirror and quickly discovered dimming runs on much much lower voltage.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CVX / CX convex lense?
MF manual fold?
HTD heated?

Any info appreciated!
Here is a post I made about this subject with parts number and RPO codes - Might bug a admin to make a Pin on this

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, good thread I read that one!

I am hoping since I'm doing the reverse and removing features, that I won't need additional wiring and programming.

I ordered what is labelled DL2 for passener side. Non convex. Not sure I'll like it, but it DOES NOT have the phrase

"OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSE THAN THEY APPEAR"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Installed new mirrors, about 10 fewer wires! (minus memory? / power fold / puddle lamps / blinker)
I think the N-MEM/N-MM may mean "no memory"

Mirror works fine, except the first three? times I hit the seat memory, it kept angling the driver mirror all the way in.

I was about to disconnect the seat memory wires (j4-5 and j4-14 I believe) but then it stopped moving the mirror.
Guessing some module detected a fault and quit trying. I have yet to check for codes.
(Or my used mirror is bad, I can't angle driver side up much further than where I need it)
I guess DL3 doesn't have position sensing..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar