Side Window Shades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWesley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone…gotta ‘21 Yukon XL - SLT…but am having trouble finding window shades for the rear windows where my 2 year old and 5 month old sit…all shades that I see or buy are way too small. Anyone on here with young kids have recommendations for this? Thanks in advance!!!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered tinting those windows? The factory tint isn’t tint that absorbs heat. I did mine a few years back with good results.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered tinting those windows? The factory tint isn’t tint that absorbs heat. I did mine a few years back with good results.
Probably the best advice. I have shades on my 15 and they work ok ish. But certain times of the day and direction of sun just lets light in from other windows

I’ve also had the shade fall off atleast twice and trigger the alarm in the driveway. I guess the inside motion sensor picked it up. Don’t know if the 21s came equipped with the interior motion sensor or not

Last edited:

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't absorb heat or UV, I had every window of the car tinted, that is absolutely the best way to do it. They will just use a tint that blocks a low percentage of light in the back but it will block nearly all of the UV and heat.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tinted over the back windows in both of my trucks and I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC