Show off your exterior lighting mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Probably just changed their models, like all these damn Chinese companies do. I swear they do that to avoid bad rep for bad products. I have been happy with mine so far. But they are definitely a different version / model.

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Probably just changed their models, like all these damn Chinese companies do. I swear they do that to avoid bad rep for bad products. I have been happy with mine so far. But they are definitely a different version / model.

Thanks for your help, Sam.

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I ended up going with the Sealight Laxmas LED 880, 6000 Lumen, 6000K replacement lamps for my stock fog housings. I chose them because of the good reviews and I wanted a fanless plug-n-play lamp. I'm pretty happy with the brightness and color. As you can see in the photo, I also have a set of 7" light bars in the center slots of the valance. These are 240w, 24,000 Lumen, off-road logs and they are very bright. So the Sealights don't compare in lumens, but they are plenty bright for my needs. And if I need more, I can just flip on the off-road lights and have 30,000 lumens between the two sets. Clocking them to the reflectors was easy and installation only took 5-minutes. I had no flickering or issues caused by the lower wattage.
IMG_1573 (2).JPG

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok time for me to ditch my yucky water-filled OEM fogs. I was looking at doing the jeep fog lights but I'd like to do wide-angle fogs instead of driving lights and I would like the option of the interchangeable lens between clear and amber as well as having the option to switch the beam pattern. So I think the Diode Dynamics SS3s mentioned a few pages back are the best bet.

The question now is what style mounting bracket should I buy? I know I will have to mod them no matter what but I'd like to get something close.

Also, does anyone think it would be worth it to buy the kit for the 2007-2014 suburban fogs so it comes with the little trim piece? The only downside of this style is the mounting bracket is awful and pretty much useless for fitting on a NBS.

***edit: Never mind I realized the suburban kit won't work like I was thinking.***
why not some laser LED Lights ?? the
Hate to break your heart but I'm switching to the z71 valence like all the other cool kids. I've done a ton of measuring and actually have a few different size/style rectangular lights but I don't think anything will have the OEM+ look I'm going for. They just made the hole too weird of a size so everything has to be pointed sideways to look like it fits flush but then the beam pattern is way off. I was considering cutting the back off of the factory lights and putting a KC highlights flex, which is the smallest all in one sealed light I could find. But I think the pattern would look weird being shined through a chopped up reflector housing not to mention my reasoning for replacing the factory lights is that they constantly get full of water, which will only get worse if I cut the entire back off.

There are a few options to mount dual square pods in each fog light hold but I think the square lights look odd and kinda cheesy.

View attachment 337358
View attachment 337359
iJDMTOY Dual LED Pod Fog Lamps Compatible With 02-06 Chevy Avalanche, 03-07 Silverado 2500 3500, Incl (4) 20W High Power CREE LED Cubes, Foglight Location...

Dude put some LASER leds where you have the cheap leds on the grille

I found a Laser(not actual lasers duh) LED array street legal (DOT certified for use in a motor vehicle ) the brightness is incredible

this is just powering it with as single
9 volt battery imagine the brightness with 13.4v :Whoa:

YES it's as bright as it looks and the Beam pattern is excellent..(as it's DOT certified )

i know it looks narrow but i'm only a few feet from the wall in my room
Capturettt.JPG

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not some laser LED Lights ?? the

Dude put some LASER leds where you have the cheap leds on the grille

I found a Laser(not actual lasers duh) LED array street legal (DOT certified for use in a motor vehicle ) the brightness is incredible

this is just powering it with as single
9 volt battery imagine the brightness with 13.4v :Whoa:

YES it's as bright as it looks and the Beam pattern is excellent..(as it's DOT certified )

i know it looks narrow but i'm only a few feet from the wall in my room
View attachment 353844

Quit tempting me! I've had my eye on some laser lighting products for a while. Baja Designs has some really nice options but I can't justify $2k for laser fog lights when a $300 set of LEDs will serve me nearly just as well.

I did get the fogs mounted better and I think they came out really clean. They almost look OEM using the trim piece from the 07-14 Tahoe fog kit Diode Dynamics sells and the factory Z71 brackets I cut off a cheap set of replacement fogs.

I do have a 12" Driving pattern bar I'm test fitting in a few areas to see if I can come up with something that doesn't look "rice" but will provide extra light in Hibeam driving scenarios.

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 8

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crappy pic of HID headlights, HID fog lts, LED light bar, LED running lts (switch backs).
LED reverse pods.

Attachments

• 20211027_110312.jpg
    20211027_110312.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200110_171413.jpg
    20200110_171413.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 10

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quit tempting me! I've had my eye on some laser lighting products for a while. Baja Designs has some really nice options but I can't justify $2k for laser fog lights when a $300 set of LEDs will serve me nearly just as well.

I did get the fogs mounted better and I think they came out really clean. They almost look OEM using the trim piece from the 07-14 Tahoe fog kit Diode Dynamics sells and the factory Z71 brackets I cut off a cheap set of replacement fogs.

I do have a 12" Driving pattern bar I'm test fitting in a few areas to see if I can come up with something that doesn't look "rice" but will provide extra light in Hibeam driving scenarios.
they're from an OEM it's only $60-70 ea no one figured out the quality yet

i just don't want the price to jump before i buy a pair for my rig

i think these leds would be suitable for a headlight modification on the GMT900 headlgiht
Low power HIGH OUTPUT esp since at lest 3 can be stacked in a single GM900 headlight....

2 for the low beam and the 3rd for the HIGH beam

it would look totally stock it's better then getting scammed on a $1300 headlight set

as the depth is only 2 inches(taken apart) and it comes with the driver broad

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE