Show off your exterior lighting mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great!! They do seem a bit far back in the hole there.. can you bring them out a bit..?

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!! They do seem a bit far back in the hole there.. can you bring them out a bit..?

Not with out major mods. There is a kit for GMT900s that appear to push them out further. I'm gonna see If I can get just the bracket and trim piece and play around with that.

Good output.

Thank you, I'm pleased with it for DOT approved road legal lights. Drove about 30 minutes down some 2 lane back roads and nobody flashed me.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Not with out major mods. There is a kit for GMT900s that appear to push them out further. I'm gonna see If I can get just the bracket and trim piece and play around with that.

Thank you, I'm pleased with it for DOT approved road legal lights. Drove about 30 minutes down some 2 lane back roads and nobody flashed me.
Yea when I put my jeep fogs in I took the depth in consideration. Mounting them further back would’ve been the easiest to mount but I wanted them to be more flush so I can get the full 100% beam width of the fogs. Worth it

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea when I put my jeep fogs in I took the depth in consideration. Mounting them further back would’ve been the easiest to mount but I wanted them to be more flush so I can get the full 100% beam width of the fogs. Worth it

I agree I think I lose a little bit of width because of the depth. I'm seeing if they will send me the mount and trim piece for this kit and go from there. ss3-typegm_82763_.jpg

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
6hi mod for tails :thumbsup:
All three bulbs light up as parking lights. Top is still turn, middle still has brake, and bottom has reverse with a white/red switchback.

View attachment 181205 View attachment 181206 View attachment 181207 View attachment 181208

I'll never get pulled over for a tail light out lol:rotflmao:

For those that have them, How is the light output on these style tail lights (minus the 6-hi mod)? I’ve seen some reviews about no reflectors and are a little dim? Thinking about these for my Yukon as I don’t want to go LED.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
For those that have them, How is the light output on these style tail lights (minus the 6-hi mod)? I’ve seen some reviews about no reflectors and are a little dim? Thinking about these for my Yukon as I don’t want to go LED.
They’re equivalent to newer style truck tails that are pure red clear. Some angles with too much sun light they’re hard to see, but some angles not. Goes or the oem fluted style tails too. Any taillight will have it’s flaw, but all in all they worked great and had no complaints about visuals from anyone.
I did want to try out led bulbs in these housings but never got the chance.

And there’s red reflectors at the bottom of the light.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re equivalent to newer style truck tails that are pure red clear. Some angles with too much sun light they’re hard to see, but some angles not. Goes or the oem fluted style tails too. Any taillight will have it’s flaw, but all in all they worked great and had no complaints about visuals from anyone.
I did want to try out led bulbs in these housings but never got the chance.

And there’s red reflectors at the bottom of the light.

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076