Show off your exterior lighting mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have read this entire thread and a couple of others about LED conversions, but I have not seen much detail about the original fog lamp type. I was hoping to find a decent high output LED that fits the original housings. My ridiculous GMC owner's manual does even list the replacement bulbs in the lamp schedule. It just says "Contact GM dealer" or something like that. I don't even know what that socket type is called. Someone mentioned that TRS Morimoto 880s will fit that socket, but when I visit their site it doesn't give specific vehicle fitment info. It seems to indicate that the 880 is a low-beam headlamp socket. I'm seeing the 9005/H10 Morimot0 2Stroke 2.0 as fog lamps, but my owner's manual shows 9005 as a headlamp. And even if they can be used for either fogs or low beams, I can't tell whether the bulb fits the OEM housing.
Does anyone have more specifics about their LED swaps for OEM housings (2003 Yukon)? Are you converting the harness, socket, and modding the housings? I know the OEM fog housings are junk, but I not planning on modding the valance.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have read this entire thread and a couple of others about LED conversions, but I have not seen much detail about the original fog lamp type. I was hoping to find a decent high output LED that fits the original housings. My ridiculous GMC owner's manual does even list the replacement bulbs in the lamp schedule. It just says "Contact GM dealer" or something like that. I don't even know what that socket type is called. Someone mentioned that TRS Morimoto 880s will fit that socket, but when I visit their site it doesn't give specific vehicle fitment info. It seems to indicate that the 880 is a low-beam headlamp socket. I'm seeing the 9005/H10 Morimot0 2Stroke 2.0 as fog lamps, but my owner's manual shows 9005 as a headlamp. And even if they can be used for either fogs or low beams, I can't tell whether the bulb fits the OEM housing.
Does anyone have more specifics about their LED swaps for OEM housings (2003 Yukon)? Are you converting the harness, socket, and modding the housings? I know the OEM fog housings are junk, but I not planning on modding the valance.
I have standard 880 / 881 LED bulbs in my factory fog housings.

(2003 Yukon SLT)

49e4c335e8f7a0c36c521c97829ee065.jpg
2b2c6c4d922b80fc531c0436de2885d5.jpg

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trying to confirm the same questions about my '05 Yukon fogs... I did contact Morimoto and got the HID conversion kit for my '880' bulb/ fogs. The kit is nice.... I haven't installed it yet. It is designed to fit the OEM fog housings.

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have standard 880 / 881 LED bulbs in my factory fog housings.

(2003 Yukon SLT)

So I looked at the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 reviews and they weren't that stellar considering the cost. Does anyone have experience with BeamTech or Sealight fog lamps? It looks like Sam H. has the BeamTechs on his '03 SLT. I can't find a BeamTech model that looks like his. Sam do you know which ones you purchased?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought these:

BEAMTECH 880 LED Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh 885 893 899 CSP Chips Conversion Kit Cool White All In One Plug N Play Low Fog Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHF7YVR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_zPawcF8RrFk1l

So far, been happy with them. Previously, I had installed the “Lasfit” I believe, and the passenger side had a failed LED within 2-3 weeks. [emoji107][emoji35]

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these:

BEAMTECH 880 LED Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh 885 893 899 CSP Chips Conversion Kit Cool White All In One Plug N Play Low Fog Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHF7YVR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_zPawcF8RrFk1l

So far, been happy with them. Previously, I had installed the “Lasfit” I believe, and the passenger side had a failed LED within 2-3 weeks. [emoji107][emoji35]

Sorry, Sam, but that Amazon link appears to be for a different BeamTech product that neither looks like your photo nor matches the description that you posted. And it is marked as "Currently Unavailable"

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Sam, but that Amazon link appears to be for a different BeamTech product that neither looks like your photo nor matches the description that you posted. And it is marked as "Currently Unavailable"
Wtf Amazon...?!? Well, apologies for that.. i trusted that the link was correct, and obviously it is not. [emoji107][emoji3525]

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these:

This BeamTech set appears to be the closest thing to your description, but looks totally different than your photo:

AmazonSmile: BEAMTECH 880 LED Bulbs,30mm Heatsink Base CSP Chips 885 893 899 6500K Xenon White Extremely Super Bright Conversion Kit Halogen Replacement: Automotive