Show off your exterior lighting mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to break your heart but I'm switching to the z71 valence like all the other cool kids. I've done a ton of measuring and actually have a few different size/style rectangular lights but I don't think anything will have the OEM+ look I'm going for. They just made the hole too weird of a size so everything has to be pointed sideways to look like it fits flush but then the beam pattern is way off. I was considering cutting the back off of the factory lights and putting a KC highlights flex, which is the smallest all in one sealed light I could find. But I think the pattern would look weird being shined through a chopped up reflector housing not to mention my reasoning for replacing the factory lights is that they constantly get full of water, which will only get worse if I cut the entire back off.

There are a few options to mount dual square pods in each fog light hold but I think the square lights look odd and kinda cheesy.

1270-1.jpg
71b60X6n0yL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
iJDMTOY Dual LED Pod Fog Lamps Compatible With 02-06 Chevy Avalanche, 03-07 Silverado 2500 3500, Incl (4) 20W High Power CREE LED Cubes, Foglight Location...
Dammit!! Killing me man!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never realized how different the Yukon bumpers were. You could do the Denali cover and have round fogs, or the GMC 2500 work trucks have round fogs not sure what's involved in that swap but I love that front end.
Yep. I want the round fogs. I do not want to swap front ends. So I guess I’m not doing round fogs...

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I want the round fogs. I do not want to swap front ends. So I guess I’m not doing round fogs...

Sorry mate the best I came up with on my rectangular search was this. I have them on my Silverado they were left over from a buddies project and they are awesome! But they are not rated to be road legal and will blind everything.

90521EM-E-Mark_SR-Q_PRO_Spot_SM_2_Web.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry mate the best I came up with on my rectangular search was this. I have them on my Silverado they were left over from a buddies project and they are awesome! But they are not rated to be road legal and will blind everything.

90521EM-E-Mark_SR-Q_PRO_Spot_SM_2_Web.jpg
Damn. And $300 too....

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I’d love to find a decent fog that will fit the NBS mount. This is most of the reason I was considering adapting a Z71 front valance to my Yukon, but I decided it’s way more work to adapt it than its worth. So I’m stuck with the rectangular fogs / mounts.. please share all your details. [emoji16][emoji106][emoji631]
Gotta get that 03+ Sierra bumper with round fog lights. Worth it and it’s an easy swap without modification or fabrication. Those are an even bigger hole and can fit a variety of lights

or you can put in hood projectors like I had (round fog in square hole lol) . They looked good and were kinda hidden so it wasn’t an eye sore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted