Should I buy parts for 1st or 2nd gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I currently have no pictures of my Tahoe so stole this from Google it's a 2000 z71 im assuming considered 1st gen I plan on doing some mods to.it but was wondering what year model aftermarket parts work on this body style and also if anyone knows what's the biggest wheel tire combo I can run on stock height

Screenshot_20200504-020952_Google.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I currently have no pictures of my Tahoe so stole this from Google it's a 2000 z71 im assuming considered 1st gen I plan on doing some mods to.it but was wondering what year model aftermarket parts work on this body style and also if anyone knows what's the biggest wheel tire combo I can run on stock height

View attachment 246317
when you order just always say it's a 99
2000 was a change over year, since there were so many changes going on it's easier to shop for a 99 (obs), if it was the new style (nbs) you would want to go the other way and shop for a 2001, if you order something and select 2000 you might get the right part and you might not even the parts stores can't tell the difference unless they are pretty knowledgeable in which case they would ask you if it was obs or nbs

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some sites (eBay for one) I even use ‘98 for interior/trim stuff mostly.
Drivetrain and suspension you should be good using ‘99 on good sites (rockauto for one).

If the part or website does not specify 4wd always safest to use 98. I *think* some 2wd ‘99s rolled out with the newer body style. The 2000 Escalades were also the Old Body Style (OBS) if you hit junk yards. They had a few unique items.

OP
OP
J

Jmath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Drivetrain and suspension you should be good using ‘99 on good sites (rockauto for one).

If the part or website does not specify 4wd always safest to use 98. I *think* some 2wd ‘99s rolled out with the newer body style. The 2000 Escalades were also the Old Body Style (OBS) if you hit junk yards. They had a few unique items.
Thank you

OP
OP
J

Jmath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thank you

OP
OP
J

Jmath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
when you order just always say it's a 99
2000 was a change over year, since there were so many changes going on it's easier to shop for a 99 (obs), if it was the new style (nbs) you would want to go the other way and shop for a 2001, if you order something and select 2000 you might get the right part and you might not even the parts stores can't tell the difference unless they are pretty knowledgeable in which case they would ask you if it was obs or nbs
Thank you

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score

I too have to use 98 for my 99 OBS 4dr 4wd Tahoe as almost every time I put in 99 I get NBS stuff.