Shorted out a computer in the dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These vehicles I’m afraid are too new/high tech to diagnose or repair on your own when dealing with electrical gremlins. Probably cost you an hour labor at the dealer service department to get a definitive diagnosis of what’s wrong. Maybe it’s something completely unrelated to the coolant leak. You just never know what surprises you might encounter with a wrecked vehicle

Mando6point2

Reaction score
I think the security modules are embedded in the instrument cluster on these. Could that be why it cranks and almost starts but doesnt? injectors may not be opening. With a better scan tool you could see if its loss of communication with IPC. I think the cluster itself is the module and would have to be replaced if its fried. Checking fuses and wiring going to the cluster would be a good place to start.

OP
OP
B

bobenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The scan tool had an error with lost communication to cluster. I tried looking at the visible fuses. What about the relays. Which one would it be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy