Shopping for a 2016 Suburban Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon is in a bad shape, it needs to go
Yeah I didn’t mean to keep your existing Yukon. Your original post said you’re looking at 16 or newer because they came equipped with android and apple car play. All I was saying is that you can still consider a 15 because the option to add apple/android car play is still an easy add on. If the price and condition is worth it..

I stumbled into a 15 Denali at a good deal and honestly a Denali wasn’t even in my budget when I was shopping.. then I added the car play later

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am shopping for a 2016 Suburban, the reason I picked 2016 is it's the oldest of that range to have Android Play/Car Play from what I gathered. I have a 2008 Yukon, and I wanna upgrade.

I am curious to hear your thought on which trim level should I be aiming for, and what's the highest millage that I should get. Finally, what are the most common issues/red-flags to look for?

Usage Info
I will be driving on 100% paved Local roads and Highways

I am very chill, right lane, cruise control, lane keep, all that stuff kinda guy

No Towing

I have a baby that will be a frequent passenger

No mods will be installed

I appreciate your feedback, and thanks in advance.

Get a warranty.
I would also recommend a warranty till 125K miles to play it safe.

I have 2016 Tahoe LT I bought brand new in October 2016. Since then I changed out the Brake Booster twice at 60K-70K miles,Replaced the A/C Condenser at 85K miles and Transmission at 120K miles.

With that said I still love my Tahoe and have no plans on selling it anytime soon. Plan on taking it on a lot more road trips.

I have 126K miles now and it still runs like brand new plus gets decent gas mileage out on the highway [around 23-25 MPG] on plain old 87 octane.

Every vehicle is a hit and miss brand new or used. Make sure you have a good independent mechanic check it out from top to bottom. If you do not have one I would take it to 5 Star dealership to be checked out. Get ALL service records. A nice long drive out on the highway and on surface would be nice also to test it out.

Higher mileage would not scare me as long as it was serviced regularly at around the 5K mile mark. For the most part I generally find higher mileage vehicles run better then low mileage vehicles. Especially if it was mostly highway driven.

All that just IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel