shifting problem on 2013 Tahoe SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, today, I backed out the driveway, tried to shift to drive, doesn't shift (there's "nothing there" when you move the shifter.) I saw a smaller 6-8 inch oil spot in the drive way. Of course after that it didn't want to start because it is stuck in reverse.

Any idea what that could be?

thanks,

Ron

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was in the NBS (2000-2006) section; isn't it where you want it now?

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, today, I backed out the driveway, tried to shift to drive, doesn't shift (there's "nothing there" when you move the shifter.) I saw a smaller 6-8 inch oil spot in the drive way. Of course after that it didn't want to start because it is stuck in reverse.

thanks,

Ron
Is the bushing on the end of the shift linkage at the transmission broken or missing by chance?

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

thanks,

Ron
There's a small clip that holds the shift cable to the shift arm. It probably fell off at some point in time. A common problem.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the bushing on the end of the shift linkage at the transmission broken or missing by chance?
I didn't look under it, a few daays ago I slipped and fell on ice, I have it towed. I see that bushing/clip is a common problem, from on here. I'll have it fixed. Hope it's nothing big

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts