Services suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, my auto level doesn't work anymore. Is there a way to test the pump to see if its actually the pump or should I just use the resistor 25 watt 3.9 Ohm resister bypass instead. Its actually been down just shortly after I installed the lowering kit couple years back. The service suspension light is killing me!~ Drives well but wondering with the auto leveler working will it make any difference.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a bi-directional scanner? If so, then you can test the pump with the scanner.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, my auto level doesn't work anymore. Is there a way to test the pump to see if its actually the pump or should I just use the resistor 25 watt 3.9 Ohm resister bypass instead. Its actually been down just shortly after I installed the lowering kit couple years back. The service suspension light is killing me!~ Drives well but wondering with the auto leveler working will it make any difference.

The resistors are for deleting AutoRide. Auto Level Control (ALC) is a separate system. Did you install shorter links on the ride height sensors when you dropped it? What lowering kit? Did it come with shorter shocks?

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The resistors are for deleting AutoRide. Auto Level Control (ALC) is a separate system. Did you install shorter links on the ride height sensors when you dropped it? What lowering kit? Did it come with shorter shocks?
Belltech 753 2/4 drop. Put the shorter rods in. Worked for a week then pump stopped. I never went back into it.

Attachments

• bell 2.jpg
    bell 2.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 4
  • bell.jpg
    bell.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 4

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Belltech 753 2/4 drop. Put the shorter rods in. Worked for a week then pump stopped. I never went back into it.

Could be coincidence. How do the air bellows on the shocks look? You can disconnect the air line from them and shoot some air in with a blow gun if you have an air compressor.

Check all related fuses under the hood. There are two or three for the ALC. One is for the compressor, I think it's a 30A JCASE fuse (pink). The other is for the exhaust. Might say COMP EXH or something like that. If the fuse(s) is/are popped, the compressor either ran for too long (leak in the system) or locked up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins