Service tire monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't get sensors to make horn beep when trying the learn process. Service Tire Monitor still comes on once shortly after start. Odd it seems to see the ID, but won't communicate.

I'll live with it... I paid $175 for the 4 wheels and Michelin Denfenders.
This smells like a low sensor battery situation to me. If it’s not to big of an annoyance, I’d just roll with it. Awesome deal on the set of wheels!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd venture a guess that they're simply not compatible. Have you compared OE and aftermarket part numbers for both years?

I believe that some of the aftermarket sensors are programmable, in the sense that they'll work for multiple systems, but they get programmed to only one. Keeps the number of required part numbers low for stock.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd venture a guess that they're simply not compatible. Have you compared OE and aftermarket part numbers for both years?

I believe that some of the aftermarket sensors are programmable, in the sense that they'll work for multiple systems, but they get programmed to only one. Keeps the number of required part numbers low for stock.
You are probably right. Not a big deal. Neither of the two sets of wheels that were on here before this set had any sensors. Been driving hitting the ignore button on the steering wheel since October of last year. I'll survive until I am due for my next set of tires (at least). I may decide to not spend the money on a new set of sensors anyway. I guess I'll see what happens when I get there...

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are probably right. Not a big deal. Neither of the two sets of wheels that were on here before this set had any sensors. Been driving hitting the ignore button on the steering wheel since October of last year. I'll survive until I am due for my next set of tires (at least). I may decide to not spend the money on a new set of sensors anyway. I guess I'll see what happens when I get there...
This is why I *DESPISE* TPMS. If you care, you already take care of your tires. If you don't, you now just have more annoyance to deal with.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I *DESPISE* TPMS. If you care, you already take care of your tires. If you don't, you now just have more annoyance to deal with.
Yeah... It's not rocket science. I check with a dial pressure gauge maybe once a month (can't trust the gauges on the gas station air hoses), and in between, I am usually capable of noticing when the tires look less round than normal.