Service Suspension notification on every start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren’t there resistors much cheaper than $450? Agreed the scan tool is the way to go versus just throwing parts at it but I just bought shocks with resistors for less than that.

OP
OP
Akinshake

Akinshake

Reaction score
So heres the update.

I had Xineering send me the SCM scanner.

Had multiple codes.
C0575-0D Left Front Shock Sig Perf
C0575- 1A Left Front Shock Sig Perf
c0625- 06 Left Rear Pos Sensor Short to Ground
C0630- 06 Right Rear Pos Sensor Short to ground
c0660- 05 No Description on File
c0711- 00 No Description on File

xineering sent me a new left front shock simulator.

They said the c0660 is Level control Exhaust Valve Circuit Malfunction and C0711 is Level control air pressure sensor malfunction. They said these are unrelated to the bypass kit and they are both going to trigger the suspension light even after i install the replacement shock simulator.

Well luckily, after plugging the new sensor in and doing the trim height procedure, everything is looking good with no additional codes. When i cleared the codes originally, the codes came back immediately so hopefully this truly fixed the problem.

We shall see. I am going to put some weight in the back this weekend so we will see if anything comes back. I am not sure the compressor is still working, i haven't heard it come on lately but not under weight, maybe it doesn't need to. I still have the factory compressor hooked up but i plumbed it to airlift helper bags. Not sure it works perfect but i haven't had much if any sag under normal loads.

OP
OP
Akinshake

Akinshake

Reaction score
after a 250 mile round trip, No codes or messages. I did hear my compressor kick on and turn off so i am assuming everything is working. I probably should hook up the scan tool one more time before i return it, but it appears that the replacing the front left sensor that was bad has fixed all my issues.

OP
OP
Akinshake

Akinshake

Reaction score
So my service suspension light is coming back on at every start. Compressor is not kicking on. Now, i did delete the rear air shocks for the Fox shocks. However, i did kinda hybrid adapt the factory compressor and ride height sensors to work with airlift bags i added.

I am assuming the setup i concocted only worked for a while because it wasnt ideal for the compressor. Well, i dont want to repeat the same mistake, so i will most likely just run manual air valve to the bags and added and subtract air as needed as i dont tow enough for it to be a huge issue.

Is there a good way to delete the air compressor, mainly the service air suspension light from coming on every start up?

thanks

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my service suspension light is coming back on at every start. Compressor is not kicking on. Now, i did delete the rear air shocks for the Fox shocks. However, i did kinda hybrid adapt the factory compressor and ride height sensors to work with airlift bags i added.

I am assuming the setup i concocted only worked for a while because it wasnt ideal for the compressor. Well, i dont want to repeat the same mistake, so i will most likely just run manual air valve to the bags and added and subtract air as needed as i dont tow enough for it to be a huge issue.

Is there a good way to delete the air compressor, mainly the service air suspension light from coming on every start up?

thanks

Hmmmm, im not sure how…but i bet there is a way.

Personally I think i would get the compressor working again. I have dreamt about doing that very setup before and always thought it would be pretty slick as hell.

OP
OP
Akinshake

Akinshake

Reaction score
Hmmmm, im not sure how…but i bet there is a way.

Personally I think i would get the compressor working again. I have dreamt about doing that very setup before and always thought it would be pretty slick as hell.
I thought the same thing too. If the compressor just went out on its own, id be ok with replacing it. but i am concerned that it was my set up that caused failure so id be fighting this battle forever... i will probably bypass the compressor for now, i am about to pull a trailer with a truck on it for 1400miles. just dont want to sag the entire way.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you can use the resistors that come with aftermarket air ride bypass shocks? I changed to these last year. My compressor went out a few months back but it took me a while to notice that it wasn’t coming on at start up. I never had a suspension light come on.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest giving Xineering a call. Click for: Xineering's "Shock Sims" website
Will, or owner Max, should be able to help you get going in the right direction.
Their knowledge of the MRC is very solid, as well as the DTCs associated with the suspension system.

I'm currently working with Max at Xineering to chase a faulty Ride Height Sensor wire.
Ball is in my court to get some voltage readings coming from my RR Ride Height wiring, but I'm yet to get under the Tahoe and mess around with things this spring.

dbaudo1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread but can someone tell me which scan tool they sent you? They tell me over the phone that it’s a very expensive tool but they have a video where they use a $200 scanner. I’d rather spend $200 on a tool I can keep rather than rent one.

Oh yeah. I’m having the same issue but have the obd2 system they sell and not the individual bypass plugs