Service Suspension notification on every start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akinshake

Reaction score
2016 Yukon XL Denali 4x4.
I deleted the mangaride with a set of fox coilovers and Xingeering bypass modules. I have been getting a service suspension notification everytime I start now for a bout 2 months, ( I havent touch my suspension system in over a year). There is nothing in my suspension system that is electronic anymore. I figured this would have been a no brainer issue that it is one of my bypass modules, i mean how can it not, right? When I emailed Xingeering, they want to rent me a module to test them. Honestly, I dont want to pay the rental and shipping cost out of principal.

Any recommendations or thoughts?

Thanks guys.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are a cheap resistor more than likely....so they could indeed fail.

Why not just buy a new set, swap one at a time and then have a spare as well

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen, also running fox/xineering modules. But, was running the factory rear shocks at the time which i new were toast. So i was not sure if it was an issue with the modules or the rear shocks. They sent me the scanner tool for diagnosing purposes, which showed an issue with one of the modules. Then they just sent new modules out free of charge.

They are a great company to work with IMO. I had no issue paying whatever small fee there was to rent the scanner tool. It is what it is.

I am not sure which is better now…the suspension code no longer popping up on every start up or the 84mph top speed limit set by the code. They are both a pain in the ass!

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know renting the scanning tool doesn't seem great; but, it's the easiest way to start diagnosing the problem.

I have had the Xineering GM Shock Sim resistors for over 50k miles now. Yes, there have been some failures that have been good learning experiences for me. Initial install (at local auto shop) saw the resistors get a voltage spike which fried one of the ride heights. Xineering sent me a new ride height resistor. I also think that this local auto shop broke the small plastic locking clips on several of the ride height sensors, which makes the connection between sensor and Xineering resistor not 100% solid. I've gone ahead and electrical taped around the plugged in components. I think winter weather (snow and salt and gunk) here in Maine played a role in another resistor failing. Xineering again replaced that one.

Most recently, I've been throwing a RR Ride Height Sensor code. Not always, just from time to time. Using Xineering's scan tool, and a volt meter, I was able to determine that the RR Ride Height Sensor is shot. I literally had to manufacture a new sensor rod to "hold" the sensor in a good position. Using the scan tool, I was able to read the voltages going to the RR Ride Height sensor. As I moved the sensor arm up and down I saw the voltages going up and down. Once around 2.4 volts, I cut my rod and installed. For reference, the sensor arm is now about 1 inch higher than where it should be, but I'm getting proper voltage.

Why is voltage important? The Xineering Shock Sims product rely on proper voltage to function. This is one reason why the ride height trim procedure is recommended by the company upon installation of the product. This reprograms the computer with the new ride height, but also stores the values associated with the ride height sensors.

This leads to the BIG update. I haven't seen anyone talking about it here on the TYForum, but I have been Beta testing for about 9 months now. Super impressed! Xineering's new OBDSS product is better performing, easier to install and maintain, and works great!
http://www.shocksims.com/obdss.html

This new product accomplishes the same MRC delete on our GM trucks and SUVs without using ride height or shock simulator resistors. This means that the 8 resistors on the exterior of the vehicle (plugged in underneath) are moved inside and live under the dash, plugged right in to the OBDII port. The OBDSS requires proper voltages at all 4 corners, so your OE sensors need to be functioning properly. Xineering has some neat protective plugs you can also install to keep your sensor clean from road debris. I have been really happy with how this new product has performed. I am using an OBDII splitter also, so there is an option to have the Xineeering shock sims running as well as another product (ie: AFM delete maybe)

Safe Travels!

OP
OP
Akinshake

Akinshake

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen, also running fox/xineering modules. But, was running the factory rear shocks at the time which i new were toast. So i was not sure if it was an issue with the modules or the rear shocks. They sent me the scanner tool for diagnosing purposes, which showed an issue with one of the modules. Then they just sent new modules out free of charge.

They are a great company to work with IMO. I had no issue paying whatever small fee there was to rent the scanner tool. It is what it is.

I am not sure which is better now…the suspension code no longer popping up on every start up or the 84mph top speed limit set by the code. They are both a pain in the ass!
What code limited you at 84mph? Ive got a blackbear tune so hopefully that should never be an issue for me. I would be furious is something i did to "fix" an issue limited me like that.

OP
OP
Akinshake

Akinshake

Reaction score
I know renting the scanning tool doesn't seem great; but, it's the easiest way to start diagnosing the problem.

I have had the Xineering GM Shock Sim resistors for over 50k miles now. Yes, there have been some failures that have been good learning experiences for me. Initial install (at local auto shop) saw the resistors get a voltage spike which fried one of the ride heights. Xineering sent me a new ride height resistor. I also think that this local auto shop broke the small plastic locking clips on several of the ride height sensors, which makes the connection between sensor and Xineering resistor not 100% solid. I've gone ahead and electrical taped around the plugged in components. I think winter weather (snow and salt and gunk) here in Maine played a role in another resistor failing. Xineering again replaced that one.

Most recently, I've been throwing a RR Ride Height Sensor code. Not always, just from time to time. Using Xineering's scan tool, and a volt meter, I was able to determine that the RR Ride Height Sensor is shot. I literally had to manufacture a new sensor rod to "hold" the sensor in a good position. Using the scan tool, I was able to read the voltages going to the RR Ride Height sensor. As I moved the sensor arm up and down I saw the voltages going up and down. Once around 2.4 volts, I cut my rod and installed. For reference, the sensor arm is now about 1 inch higher than where it should be, but I'm getting proper voltage.

Why is voltage important? The Xineering Shock Sims product rely on proper voltage to function. This is one reason why the ride height trim procedure is recommended by the company upon installation of the product. This reprograms the computer with the new ride height, but also stores the values associated with the ride height sensors.

This leads to the BIG update. I haven't seen anyone talking about it here on the TYForum, but I have been Beta testing for about 9 months now. Super impressed! Xineering's new OBDSS product is better performing, easier to install and maintain, and works great!
http://www.shocksims.com/obdss.html

This new product accomplishes the same MRC delete on our GM trucks and SUVs without using ride height or shock simulator resistors. This means that the 8 resistors on the exterior of the vehicle (plugged in underneath) are moved inside and live under the dash, plugged right in to the OBDII port. The OBDSS requires proper voltages at all 4 corners, so your OE sensors need to be functioning properly. Xineering has some neat protective plugs you can also install to keep your sensor clean from road debris. I have been really happy with how this new product has performed. I am using an OBDII splitter also, so there is an option to have the Xineeering shock sims running as well as another product (ie: AFM delete maybe)

Safe Travels!
Thanks for all the good info. Looks like my only option is to pay for the rental. I was really hoping there was an easier option. But I will update when I get it figured out.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What code limited you at 84mph? Ive got a blackbear tune so hopefully that should never be an issue for me. I would be furious is something i did to "fix" an issue limited me like that.

The service suspension code limits the speed.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? I just went on a 700 mile trip and i could have sworn that i was over 84mph several times. I do have a black bear tune though so i dont know if that effects it.

Probably does. All i know is when the wifes service suspension code came on the rig quit going over 84 mph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne