Service Stability Message & ABS Light & TC Traction Control Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the ABS sensor wire on the backside of the front hubs. I had the same problem a few months back and I took a look under my front end and noticed the wire on my right front wheel hub was broken. I replaced it with a new abs sensor and the problem was solved.

silverado3521

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks guys mine ended up being the front driver side wheel bearing decided to finally get off my but and look and saw the dust cover off the backside of the bearings and could see plain as day about 3 bearings missing from inside the casing

Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stablilitrak (in all late model Denalis) uses a wheel speed sensor at each corner and a 4-channel ABS for the wheel-brake control (both stability and traction control algorithms).

Stabikitrak, ABS, and traction control are basically one unit working together. Separate but interconnected systems and one problem will affect all three. I'm not sure if a bad wheel bearing can ruin a wheel speed sensor, but definitely check all connections to these sensors before exploring replacement. It's not normal for the ABS to go bad, but all it takes is one sticking valve and the whole thing needs replacement.

Hope it works out for you.

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
hey, just saw this thread and im glad i read it, i too saw the service traction control message and 2 days later heard grinding noise and today i successfully changed out my driver side wheel bearing assembly, its really not hard to do yourself if you have the right tools and helpful people from this sight

oh and my lights went out

frank_datank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had my steering intermediate shaft replaced yesterday, and now I'm getting a Service Stability message. The work was done by a mechanic, which I'm taking it back to tomorrow. Is there any way these can be connected?

I've got a '06 Yukon Denali with about 90k miles on it. I've never seen this warning until now, which seems like a huge coincidence....
Also, I have my stock wheels on now, which have the tire monitors taken out (they are in my other set of wheels/tires, which will be put back on this week as spring is here!). I get the Service Tire Monitor message each time, which is normal, but I'm not sure if that might have something to do with it.... It didnt display the Stability message at all last year though.

Any input much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700