Service Stability Control and ABS / Traction Control warning lights 2004 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DIC message noting service stability control. Then couple of weeks later and out of nowhere chimes going off and ABS and traction control warning lights. Then very sporadically I get very diminished power although this clears quickly. Power issue is really prevalent in stop / go driving but not on highway with cruise set. Also shutting engine off (generally) does not clear messages or reset warning lights. Anyone had this or similar issues? Thanks.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s most likely a wheel speed sensor. These get corroded / covered in gunk, and sometimes just fail. When the system detects a differentiation in wheel speed (as in not making a good connection), the ABS / Stabilitrak is activated. You’re probably looking at either a sensor, or wheel bearing / hub replacement. Sometimes they can be cleaned up. Definitely need to get the wheels off the ground, and check for any play, pulling / pushing the wheel at 12 & 6 o’clock, to check for any play.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What @Sam Harris said. Many threads here about the same symptoms. If you do find a failed sensor or hub, do yourself a favor and do both with quality parts.

Congrats on your first post as a member.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was exactly my problem. It started with error messagings of the traction control and later on came noices from the wheel beering hub. The ABS Sensor witch is also necessary for the traction control is included in the wheel bearing hub.

If you do it yourself, you need half an hour for each side, if no rusted screws or else....

When your order the wheel bearing hub be careful. There's one version for cars with AWD and a version for cars with 2WD.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Make sure you check for any damage at the wires to the sensor. If had recent work done in that area, may be wires problem and if just start throwing parts at it, you will still have a problem.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Fomoodie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DIC message noting service stability control. Then couple of weeks later and out of nowhere chimes going off and ABS and traction control warning lights. Then very sporadically I get very diminished power although this clears quickly. Power issue is really prevalent in stop / go driving but not on highway with cruise set. Also shutting engine off (generally) does not clear messages or reset warning lights. Anyone had this or similar issues? Thanks.
Did you fix your Traction Active issue? I’ve fixed six Yukons with this issue. The ABS module under driver's side have solder joints that fail. There are videos on the repair on YouTube…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods