Service Ride Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall2002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. I recently changed front shocks on my 02’ Denali. A few days later, I get a Service Ride Control message. The shocks I replaced were the factory shocks, not air shocks and did not have a integrated ride height sensor. There was some weird cap connection on the top post of the shocks which I reconnected on the new ones although I’m not sure the purpose. The rear compressor is working. I’m not sure if the new shock are related but is seems awfully coincidental. Any help would be appreciated.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not 100% on your model but what did you replace them with? The front and rear shocks are separate so either one can throw that light on.

OP
OP
M

Marshall2002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the fronts with the suggested replacements from 1A Auto. They looked exactly like the ones removed.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they didn't have the ride height sensor then how were they factory replacements? Don't all NBS Denali's have them or are they just on the upper control arms? Curious bc I'm dealing with suspension issues as well.

mikentosh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2016 Yukon is riding as if the shocks are pumped up all the time. Very stiff ride. Any solutions out there?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any dash lights on? How many miles on your shocks/struts? Just the rear is rough? Tires over inflated?

mikentosh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any dash lights on? How many miles on your shocks/struts? Just the rear is rough? Tires over inflated?
Side detection issue on dash. Automatic seat position system won’t respond to buttons on door panel. Those issues my be unrelated…
Shocks are stiff in front and back. Any way to reset this system?

mikentosh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Side detection issue on dash. Automatic seat position system won’t respond to buttons on door panel. Those issues my be unrelated…
Shocks are stiff in front and back. Any way to reset this system?
No other dash notifications

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep