Service Ride Control After Blowout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevoDevo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a new Yukon owner (2005 XL) and just had a blowout of my rear passenger side tire on the freeway. The tire was replaced, but now a Service Ride Control message has been showing on my dash.

What do I need to do about this? Is it that the sensor was damaged during the blowout? Who can I go to to get this looked at? I really don't like going to the dealer as I feel like they are just looking for an opportunity to rip you off!

Thanks!

-Steve

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to check under there to see if you knocked something loose. A hose going to the shock or the sensor that detects when the truck is under load etc. If not you might have damaged something from the vibrations. I would assume that any reputable shop would know how to work on air ride suspension these days since it's so common. Or you could go to the dealer and have them tell you the issue and try to fix it yourself :)