Service Rear Vision System Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5C68A54C-4CE2-4A5D-A782-9E0621C0C91C.jpeg 2016 Yukon SLT. It came up once before a few months ago. It just came up again. Only comes on when in reverse. Once I cycle the ignition it goes away. Have any of you experienced this before? If so, what’s the remedy.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be one of the backup sensors is not working or possibly needs calibration or maybe a bad connection, I would check the connector on each of the 4 backup sensors make sure they are clean and snug. there is a troubleshooting method to check the backup sensors but one way you can check each one is get a helper and go into a space where there is nothing behind you, put the vehicle in reverse with your foot on the brake then have someone go the rear of the vehicle and while standing to the side of the rear bumper have them place there hand over each sensor one at a time, each sensor should beep, if one does not beep then you know that is the one that is bad or doesn't have a connection.

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be one of the backup sensors is not working or possibly needs calibration or maybe a bad connection, I would check the connector on each of the 4 backup sensors make sure they are clean and snug. there is a troubleshooting method to check the backup sensors but one way you can check each one is get a helper and go into a space where there is nothing behind you, put the vehicle in reverse with your foot on the brake then have someone go the rear of the vehicle and while standing to the side of the rear bumper have them place there hand over each sensor one at a time, each sensor should beep, if one does not beep then you know that is the one that is bad or doesn't have a connection.
Awesome thanks for the suggestion! I’ll give it a try.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
make sure when you check the sensors that you are only covering 1 at a time because they all 4 beep the same

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 247373 2016 Yukon SLT. It came up once before a few months ago. It just came up again. Only comes on when in reverse. Once I cycle the ignition it goes away. Have any of you experienced this before? If so, what’s the remedy.

I get that message about once a month then goes away for another month or 2. Goes away after the following start up. Been going on for about year. Finally had the dealer look at it when I was in for a recent service. They said no issues. Works perfect to me so not worried about it. The message won't come up when I am at the dealer. I just ignore the message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019