Service Instrument Cluster @634 Miles, 2022 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys an update: i picked up my Yukon from dealership today - they said they have a call in to GM tech support because they could't see anything wrong . They checked for software updates and said that GM currently doesn't have any but they did do an update on my radio and display because there was one for that. They said this was "new" to them as they haven't seen anyone with same issue. I did tell them after about yours WalleyMike having same issue and what your dealership said. They will let me know next week what the tech support says - so unfortunately nothing at this point....
That’s ok, thanks for the update. If you hear any more, keep us informed. I’d be curious what update they applied. Hopefully if enough of us bring the issue to our dealer, they will figure it out.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s ok, thanks for the update. If you hear any more, keep us informed. I’d be curious what update they applied. Hopefully if enough of us bring the issue to our dealer, they will figure it out.
The PIT number you reference calls out "This preliminary information communicates an issues with false codes setting in vehicles due to timing issues between the modules" -so at least one of the connected modules isn't seeing or providing communications in the expected time.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PIT number you reference calls out "This preliminary information communicates an issues with false codes setting in vehicles due to timing issues between the modules" -so at least one of the connected modules isn't seeing or providing communications in the expected time.
Right, or at least in the time the “software” expects…when they talked to me, they implied GM was aware of the issue, and that it was “algorithmic.” Those pieces of data imply it’s a software issue. Hasn’t occurred for me again since they cleared the codes.

Patsy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will make sure to post what dealership hears back from tech support just very frustrating paying this kind of money and having issues already -

jszerelmey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this message come up this past Sunday. Had a scheduled apt at the dealer to address a noise coming from under my XL and brought this up. GM actually released a bulletin on this issues yesterday. No fix as of yet but apparently they are taking steps to fix it. Tech said most likely a software update

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this message come up this past Sunday. Had a scheduled apt at the dealer to address a noise coming from under my XL and brought this up. GM actually released a bulletin on this issues yesterday. No fix as of yet but apparently they are taking steps to fix it. Tech said most likely a software update
Any chance they gave you the bulletin number?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started her tahoe up early morning to start off our 18 hr. trip to florida for spring break….dash was completely black. Nothing. No speed, no idea how much gas we had. Nothing. Just black. I think it did say something about service instrument cluster for a second, then just went all black.

Swung into auto parts store and bought a 10mm. Unhooked negative battery cable, waited a minute, reconnected and all has been well ever since.

These things should come standard with a 10mm wrench in the glovebox. Between this and the issue with it not starting after a remote start…I sure as hell will keep one in there from now on.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started her tahoe up early morning to start off our 18 hr. trip to florida for spring break….dash was completely black. Nothing. No speed, no idea how much gas we had. Nothing. Just black. I think it did say something about service instrument cluster for a second, then just went all black.

Swung into auto parts store and bought a 10mm. Unhooked negative battery cable, waited a minute, reconnected and all has been well ever since.

These things should come standard with a 10mm wrench in the glovebox. Between this and the issue with it not starting after a remote start…I sure as hell will keep one in there from now on.
Gotta love it…give it the ole Windows “reboot.” Argh,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne