Service bulletin for hybrid bump/jerk issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwinnik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am working on a 2008 GMC YUKON with the same problems. Thanks for all the information. Just wanted to share what I found. Do you see anything wrong in this picture? The pins where corroded and the one on the bottom left of the picture got hot enough to melt the connector casing. This is on the harness going to the transmission pump, I guess. I have not followed it yet.

Now the question, should I buy the harness and just work on the connector. With that said, do you guys have a good resources for either?

Thanks again for all the insight.

Attachments

• 20220706_083622.jpg
    20220706_083622.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 9

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly not had the issue but it reminds me of the common fan plug problem on the c6 corvette. they tend to melt like that too. most guys just butt connect the wires together. the aux pump isn't really something to need to unplug often or ever. I dropped the pan on mine and had to move the pump, but no need to unplug it. and if it does go bad, you'll probably use the 09 and newer style with the matching updated harness and plug.

I'd just put some dielectric grease in some butt connectors and be done with it till the pump burns up at some point.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am working on a 2008 GMC YUKON with the same problems. Thanks for all the information. Just wanted to share what I found. Do you see anything wrong in this picture? The pins where corroded and the one on the bottom left of the picture got hot enough to melt the connector casing. This is on the harness going to the transmission pump, I guess. I have not followed it yet.

Now the question, should I buy the harness and just work on the connector. With that said, do you guys have a good resources for either?

Thanks again for all the insight.
besure to report this to the NHTSA maybe we can get a recall on this it's only melted as it was pulling too much current.... it's pretty clear the wire was undersized and or fuse did not work...

anyidea what the voltages are? it will need to be probed (in vAC mode) the transmission pump power module (12v+ vDC to 3 phase vAC)most likely failed or is sending too low of voltage it should be about 14voltsAC(3 phase )

also it would be nice to know the VCC voltage at the battery

the transmission pump power module sits under the battery btw and is simple to replace with a used one (it's DIY)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts