Service Airbag light on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you gents experienced this in the past? I know airbags do not require routine check ups, so I was wondering if yall had experienced this, maybe a bad sensor etc... Mine has been on for a couple months..

Thanks fellows

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe he's talking about the airbag in the steering wheel or some other airbag?

Mr-Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you are right...I doubt it would tell him to check his shocks...it was late when I responded HAHA

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they didn't actually deploy, it's usually a front sensor or a seatbelt tensioner. You need to get the codes read.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need a good code reader. It will tell you exactly what sensor is bad.

OP
OP
CM Burns

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize for the vague description, it's not my rear suspension airbags, they are fine, it is in fact my safety airbag in steering wheel.

So it seems that hooking it up and find out what error code is popping up will tell me whats going wrong?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to change my front passenger side impact sensor. Apparently I learned from another member it's pretty common. Get it from the dealer if you have to get a sensor. I had gotten one from advance that was identical but did not work.

$piff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same light come on twice both times I had stuff in the back with front passenger seat all the way foward. Unloaded my stuff and light stopped after passenger seat moved back weird don't know if that helps any

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so IF I need to replace a front impact sensor, are there any posts about how to do it already? I'm still new, but have browsed and can not find any. Do I need to disconnect the battery to ensure the sensor doesnt set the bag off? Is there a system to disable? I am sure I can do the job, just want to make sure its done correctly. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667