"Service 4WD" - Master Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure why paddock chevrolet told me it expired. So i called a buddy at a different dealership and he told me the same thing! There's an open recall for the power steering, so he said he'd reprogram the transfer-case while its in there for me!
I know they will.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tahoen

Reaction score
Well, a week after i had it reprogrammed the Service 4wd came back on! wtf?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, a week after i had it reprogrammed the Service 4wd came back on! wtf?
That is a very bizarre situation.
The dealer makes any comments about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are a few threads in different areas of the forum regarding the "Service 4WD" issue that many of us are dealing with on our 2015 Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban trucks. To date, there is no fix available and owners are just being advised to drive their vehicles in 2WD mode until told otherwise.

This is a clear safety issue and I am discussing it with a well-known automotive weblog that will help get the word out to current and potential owners of these vehicles.

So...if you have experienced the "Service 4WD" issue please chime in briefly as I am curious just how many of us there are here (and on the way) and it will help with documentation.

Thank you,
Scott

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2018 Yukon Denali 6.2L 10 speed, now with 13,500 miles. Got the Service 4 WD light after shifting into 4 Low and driving in 18"+ snow. Drove well...did not chain up, but could / should have :) I routinely switch between 2 high, Auto n 4 high depending on snow n ice conditions and tow and down shift manual modes as I live on a hill. Dealer noted a short in the switch and replaced it a week ago. Will update if it re- occurs.

20190215_020802.jpg

kiwi

Reaction score
2019 Tahoe Premier 6.2 8sp - 5200 miles, ONLY rwd (never ever switched to auto/4hi/4lo at all), got it at 5k miles. Today is my first service, will see what do they do.

kiwi

Reaction score
Got this message again, she decided to go into 4wd lo while i was driving :((

Last edited:

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is not good, my friend. Hope you were wearing seatbelts and not running @ highway speed. I dont think 4 lo goes above 20mph.

kiwi

Reaction score
Brought her to the dealer. If they find smth, i'll be asking GM for TCM warranty change. Second time in couple of months in a car thats half a year old is not awesome.

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I now have 24,500 ish on mine, but am running the 10 speed on the 6.2L. The transmission never 'autoshiffted' into 4 lo, and my light was determined to be a short in the switch. Has not happened (fingers crossed) again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC