Security light comes on, interior lights do not.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an intermittent problem, all door are closed when the security light comes on.
Does anyone have ideas as to what to check? door switches? I can't even find them.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats normal, it turns off after 30 seconds. i noticed the same thing and read the owners manual, where it says it stays on for 30 second then turns off.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thats not normal then. you could try a security learn, might fix it up.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you do that?

most are key to run for 10 minutes off for less then 10 seconds and back on, do that 3 times in a row, or ive seen some trucks/vans where you just have to leave the key to run till the light goes off. can take 20 minutes.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
most are key to run for 10 minutes off for less then 10 seconds and back on, do that 3 times in a row, or ive seen some trucks/vans where you just have to leave the key to run till the light goes off. can take 20 minutes.
Hopefully I'll never have to do that.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my regal is key on for 10 minutes 3 times. i changed it to 10 seconds and one time in the tune.

when you change pcm's you need to do the security learn, and thats a half hour of your life your not getting back.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the interior light button turned off or on? You can disable the interior lights so they don't come on when the door opens (I'm assuming this feature is primarily intended for law enforcement vehicles so they don't silhouette an officer when he is opening his door.)

OP
OP
OneofFew

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the interior light button turned off or on? You can disable the interior lights so they don't come on when the door opens (I'm assuming this feature is primarily intended for law enforcement vehicles so they don't silhouette an officer when he is opening his door.)
That is the 1st thing I check when it happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obs_teezy