Second row sub box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been doing some searching and found a few different custom builds but wondered if anyone has used one of these with success under the middle row ?

B2E996AB-B1F6-4864-96BB-A04B1B4E9E1D.png

Z28TWITCH

Reaction score
Built my own moons ago to hold 2 10s, sounded alright. With 8s or 10s, your not going to shake the neighborhood, but youll definitely wake up the stock system.

OP
OP
04xl

04xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I definitely have no idea how to build one and looking for just a little extra don’t need earth shattering bass. I’ve seen some great customer ones on YouTube and even at Sema this weekend. Did contemplate just getting a regular box and taking it in and out when I need the cargo space

Z28TWITCH

Reaction score
How much cargo space do you need? Wouldn't be very hard to build a box for the back of the truck without taking up a ton of space.

OP
OP
04xl

04xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much cargo space do you need? Wouldn't be very hard to build a box for the back of the truck without taking up a ton of space.
Don’t need a ton but we do a lot of camping/ fishing car shows so suitcases and chairs etc. that’s why I like the option of hidden and less space

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been doing some searching and found a few different custom builds but wondered if anyone has used one of these with success under the middle row ?

View attachment 210338
I took a different approach to installing a quality sub in my '07 Denali. I have a custom-made, downward-firing sub box, carpet wrapped to match the vehicle's interior, and I mounted it free-standing on the floor with external quick-disconnect wiring, between the 2 second row seats. This allows me to easily remove it, anytime that I need the space for something else. I carry 12 feet of speaker wire with the matching quick-disconnect connectors, so that I can also move it around anywhere within the interior of the truck, as needed. I put an Audiomobile GTS 2110 (American made) 10" sub in it. The sub is powered by a 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp, which is buried within one of the rear side panels. The sub box also acts as a table top for the folks in the second row of seats. The Audiomobile speaker is designed specifically for small box, sealed enclosures, to provide high-quality sound, but it is not a pancake speaker design. The GTS 2110 has equivalent sound quality to the JL Audio W3, but 30% less expensive. It is not rated as high for power consumption, and so it is not as loud as the W3 (if setting off car alarms 2 blocks away is your goal) (Also, I am not connected in any way with Audiomobile, so this is not an advertisement). It kicks butt, and gives me a back massage at the same time, while driving. Please excuse the dog hair in the photo, as they like to stand on it with their front legs, while looking over my shoulder out the front windshield on our 'rides'.

07 Denali Custom Sub.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645