Seat Foam Cushion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Ordered from CFI (aka Leatherseats.com) in Oklahoma City. I highly recommend them, top notch product and service.
I worked there for several years :) glad you like the product. I know they would LOVE installed pics! That said.. LOLOLOLOLOL @whoever said oem is better.. oem leather trimmed upholstery quality is absolutely dismal. Its literally the cheapest leather you can get...well, the parts that are actually leather.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I worked there for several years :) glad you like the product. I know they would LOVE installed pics! That said.. LOLOLOLOLOL @whoever said oem is better.. oem leather trimmed upholstery quality is absolutely dismal. Its literally the cheapest leather you can get...well, the parts that are actually leather.
Leather seating surfaces only.

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Were you there back in '07 and '09? I feel like it was a Chad that I worked with for my WS6 and Z06 interior projects. That's awhile ago so my memory could be wrong, or it could have been a different Chad.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
OK my new leather showed up yesterday, so I decided to just dedicate the weekend to getting that project done. As promised, here's how the front driver's cushion turned out.

Before - left side bolster worn and flat:

View attachment 230209

Here's the cushion after being de-leathered:

View attachment 230210

Everything's intact, just quite worn and pushed down:

View attachment 230211

After steaming - notice the seam indentations are gone and the left bolster is like new again:

View attachment 230212

Seat reassembled with new leather:

View attachment 230214

Like I said, it's like new again. Not only in form, but in feel too...it's nice and springy and firm again, just like it would be from the factory.

So yeah, IF your cushions aren't like ripped and seriously damaged, just steam them. I picked up a used commercial steamer on ebay for $36 shipped. Hell of a lot better than spending $200+ for two new cushions - and I was able to steam the seat backs, and the back seat too. Everything's like new again.

Raven can you post a pic of the seats installed, that red looks real nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right