SD card removed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another new one today... Pops up SD card removed...?
any rationale for this? Mean anything? I didn’t even think this vehicle had a removable SD card...

Also when I reply "Yes" to respond to text in AA, the system now flakes out and doesn't accept a response. A few days ago worked flawlessly....

Last edited:

Bobby-21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine does this occasionally too and not sure why. The removable SD card on mine is in the center console.

like2detail

Reaction score
Anyone found a solution for this? Mine was giving this message occasionally but now it's on startup every time. Getting a bit annoying now. Thanks!

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the SD card is starting to go bad? Anyone take it out and check it on a PC?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SD card is for the navigation. It cannot be removed with the ignition on or it will corrupt the data on it. It is single use and once installed cannot be swapped to another car. make sure it didn’t get popped out accidentally. If the card is installed and it says this message, the receptacle is probably bad. Usually it’ll say SD card error if everything is working but the data is corrupted.

texhost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 22 does the same thing. I think it is related to a cable under the driver's seat that is too short and when you move the electric seat setttings, it become dislodged. Also, you might get the error that your driver's side airbags are not working. I have not had mine fixed yet. Not sure what I am going to do since it is out of warranty.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22 does the same thing. I think it is related to a cable under the driver's seat that is too short and when you move the electric seat setttings, it become dislodged. Also, you might get the error that your driver's side airbags are not working. I have not had mine fixed yet. Not sure what I am going to do since it is out of warranty.

Two completely separate systems. And nothing is too short going to the driver seat.

like2detail

Reaction score
There's more to this SD Card Removed thing that I think... mine did it intermittently and now it's on every start up. Coincidentally none of my USB-C ports or HDMI ports in the front console or the rear console now work either. Realized it last night. I think it has something more to do with the wiring for that whole system and nothing to do with the card itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scokat