Screwed up big need help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BFee317

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sucks. There has to be a way to reinstall that motor if it does pop off.

That was the video I was watching to replace the cushion but I never mad it to the third video. Damn.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks. There has to be a way to reinstall that motor if it does pop off.

That was the video I was watching to replace the cushion but I never mad it to the third video. Damn.
They should have put that warning in the first video, before anybody touches the damn seat. Maybe you can drill that piece off and then get it on? Worst case scenario you’ll have to get a seat frame from a wrecking yard. I know that won’t help you tonight, sorry.

OP
OP
B

BFee317

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I figured it out. The black cable?rod holders that attached to the gear box and the motor. I took a quarter inch off on side that attach to the gear box and it was just enough to place the motor in-between the two holders. The cables/rods needed to be installed after the holder and motor were in place. Seat is back in the Denali and it works flawlessly.

Thanks for everyone's help. It got me thinking out side the box and saved me a trip to the dealership.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AllDataDIY doesn't have anything on that?
Unfortunately almost nothing on the seat motors except diagrams of the electrical connectors. Nothing on replacing any of the motors. There are labor times for each motor though. That one should take 1.8 hrs to replace I believe.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I figured it out. The black cable?rod holders that attached to the gear box and the motor. I took a quarter inch off on side that attach to the gear box and it was just enough to place the motor in-between the two holders. The cables/rods needed to be installed after the holder and motor were in place. Seat is back in the Denali and it works flawlessly.

Thanks for everyone's help. It got me thinking out side the box and saved me a trip to the dealership.

Thank you for following up and advising us regarding the solution. Our knowledge base has been increased.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering you have to pull the seat though. Not sure what the proper procedure is, the OP used a shortcut.
pulling the seat out takes like 5 minutes atleast that's all it took in the 04 I just did couple months ago when I replaced the srs module, what does it say for warranty time? lol that's always less

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n