School me on headlight options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
quick66ss

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke my headlight assembly while changing a DRL bulb in the frigid temps here in OHIO. I have found some stock headlight assemblies on Ebay that might be an option. I would like to improve upon the stock headlights as I feel the need to use my highs at night due to the lows poor performance.

Here are my questions.

How hard is it to install HIDs to the stock light? I see the $50 kit used by several members. If this works well I might go this route. Is there any negatives to doing this upgrade? How long will the HID "bulb" last? If one does burn out can you get a replacement at the local NAPA?

How well do the aftermarket projector lights compare with the stockers? Are they a big improvement? If they are this could be an option. I have found some that look better than the stockers. Are there companies to stay away from due to poor quality?

What is the purpose to the LED's on lights like these in the link below? When are they activated?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

How hard is it to install HIDs into after market projectors?

Thanks for the help guys.

Mike

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIDs are easy to install into factory headlights. I would think it would be just as easy in a projector. If you plan on getting HIDs get a relay. I dont know if you could get the bubls from NAPA, you could get them from the same place you get the whole convesion kit. The leds on those lights look like they are there for show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ojb226

Latest posts