S10 body bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback on S10 body mounts on their full-size SUV? Is going with rubber or poly better and how so? Does anyone have any before and after photos? Is the swap really noticeable? My truck is lowered with Viking coilovers and spindles with DJM hardware kit and Belltech 5305 rear. So being 5.5-5" would S10 mounts be worth it and provide a noticeable drop?

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read it but there were any pictures in that thread and any feedback other than people saying the poly squeaked unless you really add grease to it. So I was curious to see before and after photos and feedback from anyone that ran poly bushings and how they have held up or started squeaking shortly after installation.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MeanGreen03 did it. Poly is stiffer than rubber... He said the ride wasn't bad though tightened up bumper gaps but no real issues

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect the ride to change just the vibrations and harshness from the frame to body more easily transmitted to the occupants. I am mainly interested in poly bushings because they might be easier to find but I guess LMC would have stock rubber bushings available. Because I really want to get the cups or metal pieces from them if possible. Too bad they don't make them with fittings to grease them.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect the ride to change just the vibrations and harshness from the frame to body more easily transmitted to the occupants. I am mainly interested in poly bushings because they might be easier to find but I guess LMC would have stock rubber bushings available. Because I really want to get the cups or metal pieces from them if possible. Too bad they don't make them with fittings to grease them.
unfortunately the rubber ones are more expensive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs