RSE won’t come on - LCD black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ses_yukon

ses_yukon

Reaction score
UPDATE…

What a weird saga this has been. A bigger issue came up with my Yukon. The transmission puked. So that was a fun $5K I didn’t really want to spend.

When I got the truck back from the shop my son opened the LCD screen and it was magically fixed. I couldn’t believe it.

I imagine they disconnected the battery at the shop which I’m thinking reset the main dash unit which I never did. Or, the transmission reprogram / flash might’ve woken something up.

So if you have this issue just get your transmission rebuilt and all should be well.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE…

What a weird saga this has been. A bigger issue came up with my Yukon. The transmission puked. So that was a fun $5K I didn’t really want to spend.

When I got the truck back from the shop my son opened the LCD screen and it was magically fixed. I couldn’t believe it.

I imagine they disconnected the battery at the shop which I’m thinking reset the main dash unit which I never did. Or, the transmission reprogram / flash might’ve woken something up.

So if you have this issue just get your transmission rebuilt and all should be well.

What a crazy fluke thing to have happened! One of those things that's hard to understand why there would be any relationship between your transmission repair and your DVD screen. But you're just glad it works now and you didn't have to spend extra money to do so!

After having the ribbon cables in my possession for longer than I care to admit I finally got around to performing this repair to my 2nd row overhead DVD screen.

I followed the instructions in this video (linked below) exactly and the repair fixed my overhead DVD player screen and it's now working again. It's worth noting that prior to the repair the screen didn't have any backlit, or sign at all of powering on or working. The built-in dome lights still came on and functioned as normal, but the screen did nothing.

OP
OP
ses_yukon

ses_yukon

Reaction score
What a crazy fluke thing to have happened! One of those things that's hard to understand why there would be any relationship between your transmission repair and your DVD screen. But you're just glad it works now and you didn't have to spend extra money to do so!

After having the ribbon cables in my possession for longer than I care to admit I finally got around to performing this repair to my 2nd row overhead DVD screen.

I followed the instructions in this video (linked below) exactly and the repair fixed my overhead DVD player screen and it's now working again. It's worth noting that prior to the repair the screen didn't have any backlit, or sign at all of powering on or working. The built-in dome lights still came on and functioned as normal, but the screen did nothing.

I’m guessing they disconnected the battery when they rebuild the transmission. I believe that would reset the main radio unit. I think that is what fixed it. Nothing really to do with the transmission, more to do with disconnecting the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC