Rough Ride - 2016 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWBGMC

Reaction score
I drive a 2016 Yukon Denali, which replaced a 2015 Escalade (it was too blingy). My passengers and I find that the ride in the Yukon Denali is a bit rough. My 2016 Yukon Denali has the magnetic ride control. Passengers in the third row experience their heads hitting the roof whenever the Yukon goes over a bump. I thought that the magnetic ride control would make the ride smooth. I have also read in this forum that the magnetic ride control can "freeze" in a condition that always makes the ride rough. My question is the following: what is the test to know whether the magnetic ride control is not functioning properly? It seems that my 2015 Escalade had a smoother ride when going over bumps. Funny: I traded in the 2015 Escalade for a 2016 Yukon Denali to get the 8-speed transmission. Now I read that the 6-speed transmission was better. I do think that the Escalade has a smoother ride. Is this my imagination? Or is there a difference? Both vehicles have the magnetic ride control. By the way, I thoroughly enjoy my 2016 Yukon Denali and plan to buy/keep it after the lease expires. Truth: my 2016 Yukon Denali has more features and capabilities than my 2015 Escalade. I switched to GMC to have less bling. Sometimes the Escalade made me feel a bit embarrassed. The Yukon Denali does not look "blingy" or very upscale. So I prefer it. Let's face it: this is a Tahoe.

Jen2875

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just upgraded from a 2011 Yukon Denali to a 2015 Yukon Denali. The ride in the 2015 is so much stiffer than the 2011. I wish I knew why?? I went from 20” tires to 22” tires but I’m told this doesn’t make much difference. I hate reading all the threads from others complaining about the stiff ride also, but it’s good to know it’s not just me! Looking forward to see if there’s a solution for this....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
513Tahoe