Rough idle/ shuddering in idle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So all I do, is go through each spark plug and wire, one at a time? Seems pretty simple, Besides slicing my hand up over on the 7 and 8 cylinder by the ac compressor.

Is there any way I can tell how new the wires are without pulling them? And the plugs?
Yes. One by one. Get some anti-seize and some dielectric grease for the new plugs and wires. Put a little dab of anti-seize on the threads of the new plugs before installing them. Put some dielectric grease on the plug tip before putting the plug wire on it.

You can see the condition of the plug when it’s pulled, but necessarily the age.

Get a good spark plug socket and then find the size socket that fits over the hex end of it and on #8 plug, use the socket to turn the spark plug socket and it should get you out past the heat shield and not into the a/c stuff.

Take your time and it shouldn’t take you more than an hour or so.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone here has cleaned the fuel injectors? Do you have to remove a lot of stuff? I couldn’t find an exact video for my model and year

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone here has cleaned the fuel injectors? Do you have to remove a lot of stuff? I couldn’t find an exact video for my model and year
I use Chevron Techron every 4th tank to help keep them clean. I use Chevron Plus fuel exclusively as well. There are some additives in the fuel you use as the price goes up. I have seen the problems in shops when driver's use the least expensive fuel, to save money, and ends up costing more later.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Chevron Techron every 4th tank to help keep them clean. I use Chevron Plus fuel exclusively as well. There are some additives in the fuel you use as the price goes up. I have seen the problems in shops when driver's use the least expensive fuel, to save money, and ends up costing more later.
If I’m running e85, should I not just use additives and keep running it?

I’ve done a lot of things about this rough Idle. Wonder what else I could look at. I know the air intake is good. I wonder if it the intake manifold. I wonder if the rattling noise I am having is also the intake manifold…

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just skipped thru a few videos on YouTube and none of them actually showed how to change one.

they all jump cut thru the hard part. lame.

I wish I'd have videoed installing mine.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this the best I found, it atleast shows that bolt with the ground on it. that's the hardest part and even he jump cut thru breaking it loose lol tightening it as well.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
They’re either going to break or come off. Option two is soak them with a penetrating lube daily, for several weeks. Then have at it.

Soaking all mine for 48 hours when the trans came out meant every single bolt got out safely. In my 08 Denali two broke and one had to be ground out with a dremil tool for several hours. Soak the ship out of the bolt you need to remove to add the clamp to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93