rotor button issues. help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crows feet

Reaction score
Hi guys have a 95 Yukon sle 5.7 liter tb auto trans,will replace 2ed rotor button in less than 6 months,will be running fine, then go to start and turn but wont start and will backfire.last time was running along abought 60.slowed dowm alittle and when got back into it, it backfired and would turn over but would not start.i have been told this is a problem with the 95s what causes this and what is the fix I guess cant fuss to much she has been avery good girl 350,000 miles ane still going strong any help is thankfull

sgtpoliteness

Reaction score
That sounds like a jumped timing chain. Especially the decel at high speed and then jumping back on it. Check your crank TDC and compare it to the rotor on the distributor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

I'm not super familiar with Tahoe's yet, so if there's specific issue that causes this I'd love to hear about it too.

OP
OP
C

crows feet

Reaction score
Rotor button

that's what I thought too,tryed to start and valve train was turning,so kinda ruled that out .thank good ness.pulled to shop he said rotor button was burned up,put plugs and new dis cap and button started right up.....this happened while running and up to temp \.180.... this time was cold hadent been started in couple days....turned couple times didn't start,tried agin backfired. turn but no start,gona try replace button today hope that's it:hmmm2:

sgtpoliteness

Reaction score
Compression test?

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

There's a thread in the tech section talking about a tech bulletin that explains the crank position sensor doing just what you describe. Check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19