rims cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know this is for sure the wrong time of year to ask about cleaning, but drove 200 miles this Friday in rain, and truck was dirty today. So head to car wash, and got it cleaned up. Now, main issue, what do you all use to get behind the outter spokes to get it clean? The hub side? I know it's not polished like outside of rim, but still, hard to get hand back there to polish and clean it. Do you all use a certain brush?

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pull mine off every time I change the oil and clean the back with a soft brush and soapy water. Keeps them fresh and clean..

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
im crazy about keeping my wheels clean. the rims i had a sold a year ago. used them 4 year and prob 35-40 k on them.
103_0821.jpg
103_0823.jpg
103_0824.jpg
103_0825.jpg
didnt mean to jack yaa

OP
OP
blueflamed03

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, great info...I hate dirty wheels too, sounds like I need to order some supplies for spring.

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
I usually just reach through the spokes and run my wheel sponge around the wheel. But DAMN nytahoe, that's cleaner than a mofo!

Rob @ GGD

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is for sure the wrong time of year to ask about cleaning, but drove 200 miles this Friday in rain, and truck was dirty today. So head to car wash, and got it cleaned up. Now, main issue, what do you all use to get behind the outter spokes to get it clean? The hub side? I know it's not polished like outside of rim, but still, hard to get hand back there to polish and clean it. Do you all use a certain brush?

Why would it be the wrong time of the year?

This is the most important time of the year! This is when you should be cleaning the salt, dirt, snow, environmental contaminants off your vehicle to prolong the appearance, life of the clear coat, and value of the vehicle. Especially wheels and tires.

The best wheel brush I have used is the EZ Detail Brush - it is flexible, long, and resilient and cheap for the amount of time and effort is save you.

The hit it with a wheel wax like Poorboy's or Migliore to minimize cleaning time later. I can take out the hose and a very mild wheel cleanser like P21s and clean my wheels in less than 10 mins because the brake dust doesn't adhere to the rims due to the wheel wax.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blueflamed03

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks Rob, I say that because at the time, it was like 6 degrees here, 15 below with windchill :D

but it's warming upo, so I will be getting ahold of you soon to place a spring time order.

thansk for all your feedback and assistance.

Rob @ GGD

Reaction score
thanks Rob, I say that because at the time, it was like 6 degrees here, 15 below with windchill :D

but it's warming upo, so I will be getting ahold of you soon to place a spring time order.

thansk for all your feedback and assistance.

oooohhhhh! LOL..

Sorry.. didn't mean to sound like I was 'scolding' you.. but secretly I was... :hands:

Just kidding...

I do scold my neighbors and clients though when they wait so long the vehicle looks like King Kong took a dump on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512