RikenSport 993s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I've always wondered this. Since most of you don't put HID's in the hi beams, right? So how do your HID lows compare to your Silverstar Ultra (or whatever you run) highs? Are the lo's brighter?

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Okay, so I've always wondered this. Since most of you don't put HID's in the hi beams, right? So how do your HID lows compare to your Silverstar Ultra (or whatever you run) highs? Are the lows brighter?

I run normal lights in the highs. They have a wider spread than the lows, so I think they look a little brighter. That could be because I went with 35w instead of 55w for the lows. My car on the other hand has normal highs & HID lows, and the lows are 10x brighter. The HIDs in my car are 55w. Hopefully that helps you some.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the HID lows are brighter but you still need the high beams because they are wider and aimed higher/reach out further. Right?

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
In my case for the truck yes, since the Denali has projectors.

Donkey Punch

Panantukan
Reaction score
So the HID lows are brighter but you still need the high beams because they are wider and aimed higher/reach out further. Right?

I run HIR's on both the lows and the highs in my jeep and yukon... verrrrry bright.. not HID bright but its the closest thing to it. For the price you pay for the silvertar ultras... you get a better product hands down... Im no vendor but if you aren't in the market for HID or don't want to change to it.. the HIR's are the way to go...

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I run HIR's on both the lows and the highs in my jeep and yukon... verrrrry bright.. not HID bright but its the closest thing to it. For the price you pay for the silvertar ultras... you get a better product hands down... Im no vendor but if you aren't in the market for HID or don't want to change to it.. the HIR's are the way to go...

Ditto. I have HIRS in my highbeams and they work fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mich2024