right rear sitting 1/2" lower than the rest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed 3" springs and nitro drop shocks the other day, I lowered the stock keys about an inch even on both sides.
Today I noticed the right rear looked a bit lower than the other side.
So I measured all 4 corners and the right rear is sitting just over 1/2"...

What could I have done wrong or can I adjust with the front?

Any help would be awesome..
It's only noticeable if you look close...

Thanks

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your shocks and see if you have a bad one. If not, raise the right side a little and see what it does.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont think it would have anything to do with the woth the keys needing adjustment, especially if they the fronts are basically even. Theres a chance the shock could be the culprit if you pumped one of them to pressurize it and not the other or it could just be that they are new springs and need some breaking in.
If its that noticeable, and if your like me, your going to obsess over it until its fixed, maybe try pulling the spring isolator on the opposite side to see if that evens it out, that gives you like another 1/4"- 1/3". Shouldnt be anything wrong with that, nothing that i can think of atleast, and best of all its cheap.

The truck's looking real nice in your sig pic

Last edited:
OP
OP
swtz71

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the shocks used but they were only in the other truck a very short time. I can pull out the right side and see if it extends all the way out.

Mass-Hoe, Thanks I love the look, and yes I most likely will search for the solution for the 1/2" mystery!!

pats hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that looks way better lowered now,i know its not the springs cause mine sat even in the back but my fronts i had to adjust one torsion key 1/2 different side to side to even the front out.Like the other guy said pull an isolator out of you have too on the other side thats higher.Looks great

jutte73

Reaction score
try switching the shocks and see if the problem follows the shocks. if not switch the springs see if the problem follows the spring. that will at least narrow down your possibilities and you can elimanate those two items. also check and make sure your end links on your rear stabalizer bare arent broke... good luck!

OP
OP
swtz71

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will try the ol'e switch-a-roo !!

OP
OP
swtz71

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck hasn't been been around long enough for me to do anything yet. But I will update as soon as I do something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts