Resonator Delete '15+ 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the drone and the flapper effect the exhaust and sound two different ways. If you kept the flapper and cut out the resonator, you would have drone, slightly louder exhaust with a rasp.
getting rid of the flapper, just makes it a little louder...

OP
OP
Sundancekid

Sundancekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, the drone and the flapper effect the exhaust and sound two different ways. If you kept the flapper and cut out the resonator, you would have drone, slightly louder exhaust with a rasp.
getting rid of the flapper, just makes it a little louder...
Ok, so the resonator is responsible for keeping the drone under control and flapper more so for when the V4 mode is active so it's not as noticable when it kicks in?

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so it creates more back pressure since only 4 cylinders are making bang...

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, are there any long term ill-effects leaving the flapper open when still using AFM mode?
I sometimes block out AFM mode, however the extra mpg's when utilizing it is hard to pass up.

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to the bolt mod on the flapper. I've put a few miles on it now with the change and I think I'll remove the bolt. While I like the slight rumble that it gives. I really dislike the feeling when it drops into 4 cylinder mode at low rpms. Say 1200 to 1500 rpm. It feels like a kid next to me with the loud thunderous bass banging away in his Honda civic. I don't care about the sound enough to deal with that noise.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Dennis. I have actually went back to using my Range Technology to remove AFM since the bolt mod.

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Dennis. I have actually went back to using my Range Technology to remove AFM since the bolt mod.

I also have a Range Tech unit but it causes problems so I no longer use it. It will throw a transmission code and throw the transmission into a limp mode where it will only run in 3rd gear or so. Pull the range tech unit and it will reset and work OK after a restart. I can deal with it but I don't want my wife to get stuck out with it.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a Range Tech unit but it causes problems so I no longer use it. It will throw a transmission code and throw the transmission into a limp mode where it will only run in 3rd gear or so. Pull the range tech unit and it will reset and work OK after a restart. I can deal with it but I don't want my wife to get stuck out with it.
Yes, it is far from without it's glitches. Mine will keep the truck from starting sometimes. I then need to pull it. The truck then throws a code for 2-3 key cycles.
I would NOT recommend wasting $$$ on the Range Tech module. However, I cannot bring myself to selling it on ebay knowing it is imperfect technology.
I'm hoping carid is no longer pushing the product in here. I feel we were the guinea pigs, so to say.

BlackDenaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

My Range unit did the same.
Luckily I was within the 30 days of ordering and sent it back for a refund.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I was on the hwy the first time it wouldn't switch out of gear and had to pull over and pull the unit.

paulb55

Reaction score
Shadow, I am with you. LOVED the sound, but when it dropped to 4 cyl mode on the highway I could not take it. Its the wife's ride so I will hold off on the bolt till I go with BB and tune it out.