Resonator Delete '15+ 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the "flapper mod" on my 5.3, I didn't notice much of a sound difference in V4 mode. I have been doing some research on the rear resonator delete. I did this on my 2007 escalade and loved the look and added sound. I welded some exhaust tube and used two 4" rolled tips and a Y pipe. This time around I rather buy a slip on kit, modify it and save myself some hassle. I was thinking about buying the slp or Kpe kits and see if I can make them work. Figure best case scenario I have to move the hanger on the pipe to work with 2016 location. I figure it will either mount flush with some weld or it will slide over the oem pipe and I can clamp it on. I have heard the stock 2015-16 pipe is 2.75", 3", and I think I read something like 2 7/8". I measured and got 3". It's a little smaller the closer you get to the resonator from where it was bent/angled down. I found an SLP kit on Jegs for $95 shipped. I am still doing some research and have emailed SLP and KPE about their kits measurements and inlet sizes. Wasn't the 2006 6.0 escalades exhaust 3"? E&G makes a 3" inlet kit

IMG_2920.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

16SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found some old pics to show what I did to my 2007 escalade.

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

Last edited:

94Pro-5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this says it fits escalade only, anyone know if it will fit the denali or not? looks pretty nice, i want to do this.

I have the same question. I want to remove my resonator with this. I did the SLP on my 08 Tahoe and loved it. This looks like a similar set up

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my tips from egclassics yesterday. Cutting off resonator and installing this soon.

20171020_195009.jpg

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my tips from egclassics yesterday. Cutting off resonator and installing this soon.

Those do look good. I am admittedly ignorant when it comes to exhaust, but are these solely for aesthetic purposes, or are there any performance benefits that these provide?

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so who actually has a 2015+ with resonator deleted? How loud is it? How bad is the drone?

my Challenger R/T with 5.7 Hemi has flowmasters and no resonators. It has godawful drone at cruising speeds. A buddy with exact same car and mufflers, but still has his resonators, has ZERO DRONE!

I want my Tahoe to have some rumble, but keep in mind that it's momma's car. I have my Challenger and V-10 for waking the neighbors.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so who actually has a 2015+ with resonator deleted? How loud is it? How bad is the drone?

my Challenger R/T with 5.7 Hemi has flowmasters and no resonators. It has godawful drone at cruising speeds. A buddy with exact same car and mufflers, but still has his resonators, has ZERO DRONE!

I want my Tahoe to have some rumble, but keep in mind that it's momma's car. I have my Challenger and V-10 for waking the neighbors.
From the research I did prior to my muffler install I read that yes, there will be droning with resonator removal. Now a full Corsa catback system is a different story. But I didn't want to spend that much on an exhaust. Although Corsa products are worth every $$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman