Resetting TPMS by disconnecting battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Its about that time of year where the temps drop, and everyone has TPMS questions :p

When this has happened in the past, I just filled the tires up to the correct PSI and the TPMS light will go away shortly.

However, this year the light has not gone away. I've also tried to relearn procedure to no avail. Are the PPV's different?

I've filled all tires to 33 psi. Not sure what else to do other than to disconnect the battery and see if it will reset this light.

Thanks!

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that disconnecting the battery clears/resets pretty much everything? I actually wondered if one can manually set the oil-change interval, I haven't figured that one out yet.

As far as the TPMS, I thought that these would "learn" the pressure all the time, as in once the tire is at the right pressure .. it will notice that and tell the 'computer' it's fine again. (my Grand Cherokee does it that way)

Ron

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Its about that time of year where the temps drop, and everyone has TPMS questions :p

When this has happened in the past, I just filled the tires up to the correct PSI and the TPMS light will go away shortly.

However, this year the light has not gone away. I've also tried to relearn procedure to no avail. Are the PPV's different?

I've filled all tires to 33 psi. Not sure what else to do other than to disconnect the battery and see if it will reset this light.

Thanks!

What year is your truck? Did you add the DIC buttons by chance?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disconnecting the battery doesn’t clear codes if the problem persists. How old are your sensors? Are all tires showing low?

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DIC buttons can be purchased on eBay for $12 or so. This will give you the ability to quickly reset/relearn them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout