Replacing door speakers help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Non Bose set up in a 2001 LT. Ok, I used the search feature and it seems like every thread reference door speakers so there was a ton of stuff to look thru. What I found so far is that the front and back are both 6.5 inch. Is this correct? I also saw some info where 5.5 inches may be in the rear doors. And I also read that 2 OHM set up is recommended or is that only for the bose set up? Sorry about the questions, I am clueless on stereo system set ups.

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
6.5 in the front and backs. You can fit 6.75 in the fronts no problem. The Ohm setup would be largely dependant on the amp you're running.

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.5" like huck said all around. Non-Bose if like most other gm vehicles are about 3.5 ohm which should allow you to put in there about what ever you want, Are you running them off of the factory head unit or an amp? If off of a factory headunit then you want to look for a more efficent speaker as if you put a speaker that requires a lot fo power with the factory head and it is underpowered it will sound like shit.
But if anyone has factory non-bose speakers laying around they can check the resistance for you I am sure.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i ran my new rear 6.5" coaxials, i had to grind away at the plastic retainer to make them fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n