Replacing "cubby holes" with screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen some people replace the little storage holes under the climate control with screens. I'd like to see everyone's setup that has done that. I think i want to keep all the stock stuff in my truck and add a carputer with a screen down there. Then i can connect the computer to the auxiliary input on the PXAMG and when i want to use the computer for navigation or anything i'll switch to that input. otherwise i'll listen to radio or cd on the stock unit. since everything will be running through the stock unit i'll get all stock functionality and i like that idea.

Anyway, sorry got long winded. I've messed with fiber glassing a bit but i wouldn't say i'm a pro, i'd like to see how people have put screens down there and maybe get some ideas. I want it to look as close to stock as possible. I assume they make some interior dye to match these interiors.

Thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

This is what i was thinking of. Is this JKmotorsports? Is this custom or does anyone make something to replace that area with a screen mount.(wishful thinking)

picture.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Mine is an 05 though, a little different.

OP
OP
jmyler

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well done. i hope i can get mine looking like that. is it fiberglass wrapped in something?

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
i made one for my 03 tahoe

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

DSCF0405.gif
DSCF0398.gif
DSCF0397.gif
DSCF0393.gif
DSCF0390.gif
i had re waped it to match the dash

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
dam that looks great! I was considering something like this but in the rear of my center counsel ( where the rear audio controls go )

OP
OP
jmyler

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really good nytahoe how did you make that? did you use the plastic that was already in there and reshape it? Use it as a template? is that fiberglass?

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
fiber glass cut out the pockets set the tv fram the way u want wrap it glass it sand it and wrap or paint. thats all think that took me 2 hrs to do that

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any step by step (with pics) write ups on fiberglassing stuff like this?

I've never actually played with fiberglass (save Bondo) but lately I'm really finding myself wanting to! I would love to see smoe custom, in cabin fiberglass stuff DURING the glassing process. Step by step would be Killer!

Any Links?

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
i think thats all the pics i have. just use the resin for any auto store and use an old t shirt or some thing that pulls good in and that is not to thick for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076