Replacement sunroof shade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up an 03 Tahoe last month and have been slowly working some issues with it to make it road worthy. I do need to change the sunroof shade because the previous owners let this one get to what I believe is beyond repair. All that's left is a piece of metal. Where can I get a replacement? It seems the part has been discontinued by GM.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up an 03 Tahoe last month and have been slowly working some issues with it to make it road worthy. I do need to change the sunroof shade because the previous owners let this one get to what I believe is beyond repair. All that's left is a piece of metal. Where can I get a replacement? It seems the part has been discontinued by GM.
Salvage Yard/Pick-a-part or maybe you can find a local part-out vehicle near you.

Ebay or Craigslist might help in search for parts or part-outs.

OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Salvage Yard/Pick-a-part or maybe you can find a local part-out vehicle near you.

Ebay or Craigslist might help in search for parts or part-outs.
Been checking ebay and reached out to a couple sellers. So far I'm not finding anything in the color I need. There a couple salvage yards in the area I can reach out to but their websites didn't seem to have anything either.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you can't locate anything used or whatever then try a headliner shop or a shop that does interior restoration they are usually pretty crafty at that kind of thing they could probably make something that would work. Those kinds of shops are all over because of the popularity of fixing up older vehicles.
all the headliner is, is basically cardboard with a cloth liner, same with some of the seatbacks.

OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can't locate anything used or whatever then try a headliner shop or a shop that does interior restoration they are usually pretty crafty at that kind of thing they could probably make something that would work. Those kinds of shops are all over because of the popularity of fixing up older vehicles.
all the headliner is, is basically cardboard with a cloth liner, same with some of the seatbacks.
There's a few shops in the area that do reupholstery work for like home furniture, boats and automotive stuff. I don't think there's anyone in the area thought tailored specifically to automotive interior. I can check and see if its something they could do though.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
There's a few shops in the area that do reupholstery work for like home furniture, boats and automotive stuff. I don't think there's anyone in the area thought tailored specifically to automotive interior. I can check and see if its something they could do though.
Usually anyone who does furniture can tackle something like a sunshade. It's actually not very different--same concept of repair.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just google headliner repair near me, if there is anyone local that does it they should pop up

OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. If nothing else I can see about pulling the old board out and having it redone or purchase one in a different color and paint it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts