Replacement ride height sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenW

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon XL Denali with stock rear air suspension. I need to replace the right rear ride height sensor -

1. Any reason to use something other than stock AC Delco parts?
2. Does it make sense to replace both left and right rear sensors at the same time?

Thanks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use GM or AcDelco parts. IMO, replace only the one that is bad. If another goes, replace it at that time.

Curious, how did you determine that the sensor was bad?

OP
OP
S

StephenW

Reaction score
Use GM or AcDelco parts. IMO, replace only the one that is bad. If another goes, replace it at that time.

Curious, how did you determine that the sensor was bad?
“Service leveling system” code on dash. Replaced compressor, still in. Shop read it and saw voltage was off for one of the sensors.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Service leveling system” code on dash. Replaced compressor, still in. Shop read it and saw voltage was off for one of the sensors.
those sensor's rarely fail you should be fine with just replacing the one, presuming it is in fact bad. I would just get a used oem one
whichever way you decide to go be sure to measure the old sensor rod and set the new one to the exact same length and after installing a system calibration should be done
or just use the existing rod I believe they can disconnect on both ends

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. The voltage is not exactly the same in any of the 4 sensors, as they vary from each other by less than 0.5 volts. I wonder if you reset the Automatic Level Control (ALC) setting, which is something I always do, when making any suspension changes. This reset baselines the voltages at every sensor and sets the level control, based on those voltages.

I'm not saying that your mechanic is wrong, I just want you to be sure that the existing part has failed and needs replacement, as that part in not cheap.