Replacement motor questions but hopefully fixable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Reaction score
Pretty sure it was something on the intake…some kind of linkage bracket

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was something on the intake…some kind of linkage bracket
Better figure it out! If it's a ground it might be needed. It looks too light to be a bracket to me. Look for a place where there are 2 bolts that far apart that look like it fits that shape.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is back together and running fine. Thank you everyone for all of your help!
I didn’t get a chance to follow this thread until now. Glad you fixed your truck! Question. When you initially experienced misfire was it at idle or all the time? Was it smooth at high rpm’s?

I made another thread about my 6.0 misfire on cylinder 7. I really really thought I had it fixed but here I am again looking for answers to fix mine. I just can’t pull the trigger on pulling heads and having the van down for a few days as it’s my work van.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Reaction score
I didn’t get a chance to follow this thread until now. Glad you fixed your truck! Question. When you initially experienced misfire was it at idle or all the time? Was it smooth at high rpm’s?

I made another thread about my 6.0 misfire on cylinder 7. I really really thought I had it fixed but here I am again looking for answers to fix mine. I just can’t pull the trigger on pulling heads and having the van down for a few days as it’s my work van.
It was very noticeable as soon as it happened. I limped along for a block to a parking lot but it really wasn’t drivable.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was very noticeable as soon as it happened. I limped along for a block to a parking lot but it really wasn’t drivable

Mine misses at idle. I’ve pretty much gone through all the steps you did and then some. Can’t figure it out… that’s why I’m compelled to start tearing into the engine but I really can’t wrap my head around it being at idle only if it’s something mechanical. I feel like it should be all the time like you experienced

OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Reaction score
Mine misses at idle. I’ve pretty much gone through all the steps you did and then some. Can’t figure it out… that’s why I’m compelled to start tearing into the engine but I really can’t wrap my head around it being at idle only if it’s something mechanical. I feel like it should be all the time like you experienced
I see where you said it was cylinder 7. I figured if moving around plugs, wires, coils, and fuel injectors and the miss stays at the same cylinder then it is probably mechanical

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700