Replaced Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rex450se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My front end had been riding a little rough lately and my drivers side MagneRide strut had started to leak oil so I decided to replace them. We’re planning on taking the Escalade on a trip about 10 hours away next month so I decided to replace everything front and back. I’m lowered 2/4 but have retained all MagneRide up to this point and wanted to preserve it. The back shocks were very easy and went without any trouble. The front was a pain though. The drivers side strut was frozen about half way compressed and I couldn’t get my spring compressor on it. Luckily I found a shop near me that just swapped over all the components to the new struts in under a couple hours for $100. After that it was less than 30 minutes getting them back in and everything back together. I then got an alignment and couldn’t be happier with the new ride. Working on the truck is never a bad way to spend a Friday night and Saturday morning. Total cost for all this was less than $1200. A lot cheaper than going to the dealer.

Here’s a pic mid progress and of the difference in the 2 front struts.

View media item 27598
View media item 27597

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645