Replaced all A/C parts. Charge appears good. Not blowing cold.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MattysHoe95

MattysHoe95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Or have a qualified tech look at it for you.
I can't afford it. Worst part is I have done refrigeration on refrigerators for years with no problems I couldn't handle. This on the other hand is a different animal. I always did all the work to my own vehicles including building street/strip cars. This is really driving me nuts. I have never had such problems with a vehicles a/c. Probably has to do with this POS compressor I had to have replaced once already for a failed bearing after 2 months. Now this one may not be compressing the gas properly. I'm am fed up with it for the time being.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
We see lots of new part failures here when least expensive non quality parts are bought. Don't know what you bought.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I can't afford it. Worst part is I have done refrigeration on refrigerators for years with no problems I couldn't handle. This on the other hand is a different animal. I always did all the work to my own vehicles including building street/strip cars. This is really driving me nuts. I have never had such problems with a vehicles a/c. Probably has to do with this POS compressor I had to have replaced once already for a failed bearing after 2 months. Now this one may not be compressing the gas properly. I'm am fed up with it for the time being.
I feel your frustrations.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a 96 Tahoe that needed hot water for the last can, then she blew 25-30 delta out the vents. Good luck.

OP
OP
MattysHoe95

MattysHoe95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I finally got it working. Turned out to be something stupid on my part. Since I took everything apart while waiting for a few parts orders to arrive I forgot to take note on the line configuration. I had them reversed! Doh! I figured it out after staring at it all for a while and going over everything in my head on possible issues. Just goes to show no matter how long you work on cars/trucks etc, You can and will still make a mistake here and there. Nice cold 42 degree air coming from the vents finally. Now I won't have to suffer another summer in traffic in the heat. Thanks to all that replied!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Great. That is one reason why lots of connections that can do the same thing will have a different connect size or thread size to help that from happening. I had a tech in one of my shops that used to take pics of work before teardown to help him remember.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking a picture(s) is always a fail safe way to make sure everything goes back to its original position. Tagging or color taping is a good way too. Good to hear you got it going. Cool Runnings to you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt