Replace bumper lights (turn signals)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I looked here before I did it to see how they were removed and was surprised not to find a write up of it here. It would have been nice as I ended up removing half of my grill and wheel well looking for ways to access the clips to take it out. So anyways here is my write up to save the next guy time doing this.

You will start by opening up your hood. Once opened the first step will be to remove the shroud covering the area above the grille.

picture.jpg

After you have removed the shroud you will be able to see the one of the two tabs holding in the bumper light. I used a screw driver to apply pressure on it until it cleared the bracket and pulled it out.

picture.jpg

Once you have that part of the light free you will need to release the other clip. I don't have a shot of it while it was still in the truck but I took a picture of the back of the bumper light to show what I am referring to. In the picture the tab circled on the left is the tab we have just free'd up with the screwdriver (or tool of choice) the tab on the right is the one that will still be attached.

picture.jpg

Now you are done! Re-installation is easy. Just slight the inner most tab under the bracket and then push the outer self-latching tab into the hole of the bracket.

Before and after pics are in my mod thread - click here

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you can simply remove the two pins that hold the headlight in. Once the headlight is moved, you can reach in and pop the parking lights out in like 2 seconds. I can change my DRL bulbs in less than one minute per side with no tools.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
when i did it all i had to do was pull on it and they popped out

Wish it was that easy on the Tahoe. Trust me I tried that as well. Looks like the Denali option is easier.

Or you can simply remove the two pins that hold the headlight in. Once the headlight is moved, you can reach in and pop the parking lights out in like 2 seconds. I can change my DRL bulbs in less than one minute per side with no tools.

I actually considered trying that but when I looked my headlight was held in with a star headed screw and I didn't want to make the trip to the Checker/Auto Zone so I looked for alternatives and this one did the trick. Once I figured it out I had the other one replaced in a couple of minutes.

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You dont have to touch the torx bolts at all (they are for aiming the lights).... There are two pins, rotate 90* away from truck and pull straight up. No removal of the shroud is needed. I can take pics if ya want.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
You dont have to touch the torx bolts at all (they are for aiming the lights).... There are two pins, rotate 90* away from truck and pull straight up. No removal of the shroud is needed. I can take pics if ya want.

Ah okay.. I know which pins you are referring to now. I assumed the torx bolts were the ones to remove it and stopped looking when I saw them. At least I know for next time if I need to replace the bulbs.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont remove anything. Just pop the side of the grille out and get a long flat head and push the clip that holds on the bumper lights and voila they pop out.. A lot easier to me..

DIY_DAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took me about 10 mins to replace both my bumper lenses with my clear corners, just removed the 2 bars on the headlight, and then popped out the bumper lenses twisted the bulbs out and popped new ones in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats